SMSA Part Time (SEN)
This job is temporary linked to funding for a child with an EHCP and subject to the child remaining at this school.
SCP Grade 1 point 3, £18,562 pro rata TTO.
Actual Pay £2,097 per annum
Hours of work to be Monday – Friday 11.45am – 12.45pm. 1 hour per day / 5 hours per week
We are looking for an enthusiastic, energetic, patient and resourceful SMSA to join our friendly and committed team ASAP. The successful candidate will be working to meet the needs of the individual child.
You will need to be an enthusiastic, adaptable and motivated individual who:
- enjoys working with children
- understands how to provide 1-1 needs in a positive and caring manner
- has the qualities of reliability and flexibility
- understands the need for confidentiality
- has a helpful, caring and understanding nature
- willing to provide intimate care if necessary.
- has the ability to work effectively as part of a team.
You will be required to:
- Work with the individual child or with small groups of children under the direction of the class teacher / SMA supervisor
- Support the child with their additional personal Show initiative and flexibility
- Build effective relationships with children, parents and colleagues.
We can offer you:
- a friendly and welcoming school
- happy pupils and staff
- a supportive leadership team and governing body
Closing Date: Monday 5th March no later than 12 noon.
It is anticipated interviews will take place the week beginning 8th March.
Oldfield Park Infants School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.