Are you looking for a part-time, flexible role in which you can help support the local community?
We require enthusiastic and committed School Minibus Drivers who are reliable, trustworthy and able to work individually or as part of a team.
You will be required on a regular ad hoc basis to drive a School minibus as required for fixtures and trips. This post requires considerable daytime flexibility Monday to Friday, term-time only.
Reporting to: Finance & Operations Manager
Start date: January 2021
Driving a “Minibus Lite” - 16 Seater as required during the week for fixtures or trips
- Responsible for the health and safety, comfort and welfare of students and staff
- Carrying out vehicle checks, as required by the Transport Co-ordinator
- Reporting any vehicle defects, faults, incidents and accidents
- Ensuring the vehicle is in a clean and roadworthy condition before and after use
- Refuelling vehicles as required
- Covering for absent colleagues
- Maintaining company image; smart casual attire should be worn, security pass must be worn at all times in the School and in the vehicle
- Working within health and safety guidelines and other guidelines that may be issued from time-to-time (i.e. face mask must be worn according to current Covid-19 requirements)
- Working within the constraints and guidelines as set out in the School’s Minibus Drivers’ Policy
- Undertaking any associated duties as required by the Transport Co-ordinator
- The post holder will be required to attend statutory and mandatory training
The above list is not exhaustive and maybe subject to amendment in due course in discussion with the relevant employee.
- You must hold a current, clean and valid driving licence for at least 2 years or more (ideally a photo licence)
- You must be 21 years or older and be medically fit to drive a minibus
- Experience of driving a minibus or large vehicle is desirable but training will be provided by the School.
- Experience of working with children/young people would be advantageous.
Hoe Valley School is:
- An oversubscribed secondary school which opened in September 2015 to serve the local community of South Woking (Sixth Form opens in 2023)
- Rated ‘Outstanding’ by Ofsted in June 2018
- Delivering innovative and exciting lessons to years 7, 8, 9, 10 & 11
- Committed to knowing all of our students’ talents and strengths and their areas for development. This allows us to personalise the curriculum to stretch and motivate all of our students.
- Following the national curriculum offering an extended day allowing time for additional Maths and English along with time for all students to complete their homework during the compulsory day
- A Google School with ICT fully embedded in all curriculum areas
- Committed to learning which is relevant with links to the ‘real world’ of business, higher education and the local community
- In a state of the art new School completed in September 2018 on Egley Road, Woking
Deadline for Application
Friday 11th Dec 2020
Applications are considered as they are received, we reserve the right to make an appointment prior to the closing date.
Only fully completed application forms will be accepted as valid applications.
CV’s will not be accepted as applications. No recruitment agencies please.
The school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All successful appointments are subject to a satisfactory Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) Enhanced check. Applicants must have the right to work in the UK.