Are you a friendly, welcoming person looking for a term time role where you can make a difference to a school community? We have an opportunity for a part-time administrator to join our wonderful school office team.
This is a busy and varied role for someone who combines a warm and welcoming approach with efficiency, and with the capacity to remain calm and cope with the unexpected.
The role is for 21 hours per week for 39 weeks a year (term time of 38 weeks plus 5 INSET days) worked across 4 days.
The working pattern is:
Mondays: 8.30am t0 4.30pm (including a 30 minute unpaid lunch break)
Tuesdays: 8.30am to 12.30pm
Wednesdays: Day Off
Thursdays: 8.30am to 2pm
Fridays 8.30am to 12.30pm
The role duties are primarily to manage attendance, school trips and school lunch administration. However, the post-holder will also be responsible for promoting a friendly, professional point of contact for parents, carers, and visitors to the school, ensuring all queries are dealt with effectively and efficiently. There is scope for progression in the role to take on some of the duties of the School Business Manager, such as invoice processing and bank reconciliations -training and supervision would be provided.
This role is graded at PS3 on the Surrey support staff pay scale. The PS3 pay scale ranges from £18,013 to £18,957 per annum full-time equivalent, £9,040 to £9,513 pro-rata. Should the role be expanded to include additional finance duties the remuneration would be increased accordingly.
Busbridge C of E Aided Junior School is a two-form entry junior school located in Godalming, Surrey. We have a friendly and welcoming staff team, with the children being at the centre of everything we do. Our children are well-behaved, engaged and have a love for learning. Our school is a vibrant and happy place to work.
What we are looking for:
- Good IT skills; competent using a range of Microsoft and school based packages such as Microsoft Word, Excel, SIMS and Parent Mail. (However training will be provided if the candidate has not used these systems).
- Effective written and verbal communication skills, with key attention to detail.
- Strong organisational skills and the ability to remain calm when juggling priorities.
- Preferably experienced in working in a school environment, though this is not essential.
- Educated to GCSE or equivalent level in Maths and English and able to evidence a pass level.
What we can offer you:
- A friendly and supportive staff team.
- Training and on the job support, including the opportunity to complete continuous professional development to further your career opportunities.
- A free space in our school Breakfast Club for your child, if they attend our school, on the days that you are required to work.
- The opportunity to progress in and expand your role in future to take on more senior responsibilities.
Visits to our school are warmly welcomed and strongly encouraged. Please contact our School Business Manager, Mrs Kirsty Morris, in the School Office to arrange a visit. We are able to arrange virtual or in person tours. For further information please visit our school website.
Applications should be made using the online or downloaded application form. Applications by CV alone will not be accepted. References will be taken up prior to interview unless specifically requested otherwise.
Closing date: Friday 21st May 2021, 12 noon
Interviews: Wednesday 26th May
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. We ensure that all our recruitment and selection practices reflect this commitment.