School Receptionist and Administration Assistant
You will carry out receptionist and administration duties in the school office, acting as the first point of reference when people arrive and presenting a positive image of the school. This role is to provide a high standard of clerical and administrative support in all functions of the school office in order to assist in the smooth and efficient running of the school. The successful applicant will also be a first aider and provide support and welfare for pupils, with training given if required.
Duties of the post will include:
• Undertake school reception duties answering routine telephone and face-to-face enquiries; signing in visitors following school procedures; providing a positive and professional image of the school at all times;
• Answer emails as required and taking accurate messages, with responsibility for following up enquiries and queries;
• Use Parentmail system to send messages and correspondence to parents, staff and trustees; training will be offered if required;
• Support the updating of the school website and the VLE, with training;
• Type letters and documents as required and photocopy; collate and scan documents in support of the work of the school office or Senior Leadership Team;
• Be a key operator for the Multi-Functional Device (MFD), ensuring that it is operational, and liaising with engineers for servicing or when faulty;
• Assist the office team in maintaining proper records, filing systems and computer records;
• Use computer software, such as Excel and SIMS, to produce lists and returns;
• Administer pupils’ medication, in accordance with school’s policy;
• Assist with covering regular office administration duties within the school.
This post is for 35 hours per week, term time only. The hours will be 7.30am to 3.30pm, Monday to Friday, with 1 hour for lunch.
Salary is based on GLPC Scale 3/4, FTE £22,185 to £24258.
Westbourne Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. This post is subject to an enhanced DBS check.