SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY TECHNICIAN
Pay Scale: JG4 Points 18-21. Actual starting salary £16,266.
Permanent, Full time (37 Hours per week), Term Time Only plus INSET.
Churchill Academy is a large rural school situated in North Somerset. Churchill enjoys a very good reputation with results being above the national average and a high performing Sixth Form. The school was rated as ‘Outstanding” in the last Ofsted (July 2015).
We are now seeking to appoint a Science and Technology Technician to work a split week across two faculties; within the Science Technician team for 2.5 days and alongside a full time Technology Technician for 2.5 days. The successful candidate will take an active role in supporting the faculties in their day to day duties. The successful candidate will be an enthusiastic and self-motivated individual. Comprehensive training will be available across both faculty disciplines.
• Have experience of working in a similar Science, ADT or educational environment;
• Have good working knowledge of Health and Safety regulations;
• Are enthusiastic and flexible to business needs;
• Are able to work within a dynamic and challenging environment;
• Have excellent communication and team work skills;
• Are able to manage your own time and resources
We will give you:
• The opportunity to work in an outstanding Academy with dedicated staff and students;
• Professional development to help you fulfil the role effectively;
• The opportunity to make a difference to staff and students on a daily basis.
Churchill Academy offers a local government contributory pension scheme, a comprehensive employee assistance programme, on-site cashless catering, and on-site parking.
The Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and all appointments will be subject to a criminal records check, medical check and satisfactory references.
Further information is contained within the Job Description and Person Specification. Full details and an application pack can be found on the Academy’s website.
Applications close: 9.00am, Monday 6th August 2019
If you have not heard from us within 1 week of the closing date please assume that unfortunately your application has not been successful on this occasion.
Churchill Academy and Sixth Form is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.