Laboratory Technician (32.5 hours per week, term-time (35 weeks) + 5 days).
We wish to recruit an enthusiastic, experienced and conscientious technician for our highly successful Science Department delivering Biology, Chemistry and Physics up to A level. Ideally qualified to A level or equivalent vocational qualification.
As part of our energetic and welcoming team, you will enthuse and motivate students to strive for success while maintaining a healthy learning environment for all children within the school.The person appointed will carry out the generic responsibilities and duties associated with such a post.
WHY CHOOSE US:
St Clare’s School is a school based in Porthcawl. Our school is set in a beautiful rural location. You will have the opportunity to work alongside outstanding teachers, to observe and share practice on a regular basis, developing pedagogy through reflection. Our school community offers the opportunity to become a meaningful part of the wider community through enrichment and extra-curricular activities.
WHAT WE OFFER:
- A school that is fully dedicated to developing every child to reach their full potential, irrespective of their ability.
- A dedicated and friendly team of professionals who are keen to develop and learn.
- Excellent CPD opportunities to grow and development through mentorship and coaching.
- On-site parking.
- School fee discount.
THE RIGHT CANDIDATE WILL HAVE:
- A detailed knowledge of the curriculum and its means of delivery.
- High standards of communication and interpersonal skills.
- The ability to work as a team.
- The ability to work towards deadlines.
- The ability to motivate both students and your peers.
- Highly motivated and enthusiastic.
- Excellent attendance and punctuality.
"Cognita Schools are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff, volunteers and other third parties to share this commitment. Safer recruitment practice and pre-employment checks will be undertaken before any appointment is confirmed".
Start Date: 1st September 2022.
Cognita Schools are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff, volunteers and other third parties to share this commitment. Safer recruitment practice and pre-employment background checks will be undertaken before any appointment is confirmed. Appointment is subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check for regulated activity (if the candidate has lived in the UK) and/or criminal/police checks for all other countries inhabited (irrespective of whether they worked in those countries).