Science Lead KS3/4
We are seeking to appoint an enthusiastic science teacher to lead our school’s science curriculum. We are a therapeutic special school for children with SEMH/trauma for children aged 5-13, with 25 out of 60 being secondary school children. We are a new secondary provision, looking for a creative/innovative science lead to shape our science offer. We want to ensure that science is outstanding across our school and in time move towards offering this as a specialist part of our school. We want to grow our children’s love of science and really excite our children in a range of career options in the modern world. The successful applicant will be required to teach at all levels of the science curriculum throughout the secondary phases.
WHY CHOOSE US
Merrywood Education is a therapeutic school based in Tadworth and Wallington. We offer a gym membership, therapy, an additional one week off during the school Christmas period, clinical supervision, and a reduced staff CPD and well-being day on a Friday afternoon. You will have the opportunity to work alongside a progressive and specialist leadership team working towards changing the way in which children are educated. We are passionate about staff work-life balance throughout the school and offer support and guidance where needed. We are a fast growing organisation with accelerated promotion offers and development available for the right candidate.
WHAT WE OFFER:
• Salary £31,604 - £45,766 plus Sen allowance £2270 – salary negotiable for the right candidate
• A school that is fully dedicated to developing every child to reach their full potential, irrespective of their ability.
• Collaborative working within our shared family of schools to support our endeavours to work smarter and achieve an effective balance between home and work
• An additional one week off during the school Christmas period,
• Excellent CPD opportunities to grow and development through mentorship and coaching
• Onsite parking
• A gym membership
• Therapy sessions
• Clinical supervision
• A progressive and specialist mental health, therapeutic model
• Exciting, accelerated leadership development and early promotion opportunities for the right candidates
• Access to behavioural and trauma consultants/psychologists
• Planning and delivering exciting and stimulating chemistry, physics, biology sessions to KS3 and KS4.
• Working with the Assistant Head to plan and resource science for learners of all abilities, school-wide.
• Promoting awareness of health and safety in science lessons.
• Experience in SEN
THE RIGHT CANDIDATE WILL HAVE:
• A detailed knowledge of the curriculum and its means of delivery
• High standards of communication and interpersonal skills.
• The ability to work as a team.
• The ability to work towards deadlines.
• The ability to motivate both students and your peers.
• Highly motivated and enthusiastic.
• Excellent attendance and punctuality.
• Experience innovating to deliver the curriculum
Potential candidates for this role are warmly invited to visit the school or to contact the headteacher for an informal conversation.
Merrywood is committed to safeguarding every child and staff member in our care and as well as working with government safeguarding legislations we have an onsite therapeutic social worker and a trauma specialist educational psychologist. You will receive a high level of training around mental health, behaviours, preventative work around youth violence, exploitation and beyond. Our safeguarding framework has been created to support and identify children in need.
Merrywood Education is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.