A Secondary Science Teacher is required for September 2020, in a fantastic, not-for-profit, British International School, in the beautiful city of Alexandria, in Egypt. It is renowned for its academic excellence, having recently celebrated their 35th Anniversary, they continue to be one of the leading schools in the surrounding area, giving you the opportunity to become a part of a very highly reputable school, which offers exceptional learning opportunities to its students and endless, invaluable support and strong commitment, to the professional development to each and every member of staff.
Although an all-through British International School, providing education to students of 23 different nationalities aged 3-18, the school stands out with it being deliberately small, with just 520 students and much smaller class sizes than normal (averaging at 15 students per class) – a chance for you to create fantastic relationships with your students, developing and supporting each and every one of them, in a way where you can really make that difference. Will such small classes, it creates an amazing work life balance for you as a teacher as well, with less marking to do and more time can be spent on teaching rather than crowd control.
The school is situated in Alexandria, a stunning, vibrant, cosmopolitan city on the Mediterranean. You can enjoy a lower cost of living, whilst taking advantage of the lifestyle and the beautiful weather; shops, cafes, restaurants, amazing sights such as the lighthouse of Alexandria, the montaza palace, gorgeous beaches and more.
You are of course supported with a fantastic relocation package which includes:
• Tax free salary
• Free furnished single accommodation within walking distance of the school so you no longer have to worry about that long draining commute to work. There is a minimum of a 2-bedroom furnished apartment for single teachers and a 3-bedroom family accommodation for families, in a very pleasant suburb of Alexandria
• Annual return flights to the UK for teacher, spouse and dependants
• Beginning and end-of-contract baggage allowance
• 2 free school places for dependent children (and 50% for a third child)
• Medical insurance for teacher, spouse and dependants
• Qualified Teacher Status
• Bachelors Degree from a UK university or similar
• At least 2 years experience teaching KS3-KS5 Science, in a school following the National Curriculum for England. Strong NQTs will also be considered, as the school support and provide the NQT year, due to the BSO accreditation.
For more details contact Amy Collard-Gentle on +44 (0) 1276 674 204 or firstname.lastname@example.org