Full Time Teacher of Science – Maternity Cover
Required as soon as possible
We are seeking to appoint an enthusiastic Teacher of Science. The successful candidate will have the capacity to raise attainment through motivating and inspiring students and will contribute to a culture of high expectations and innovation within the school. You must have excellent communication skills, tremendous drive and great enthusiasm for teaching and learning.
• A full time contract in a high achieving Science department
• Teaching Key Stages 3 – 4
• Friendly, supportive and professional colleagues
• Excellent CPD training including a comprehensive induction programme
• Own laptop
You will have/will be:
• A passionate and highly motivated teacher
• The ability to inspire high achievement in all young people
• Presence, dynamism, approachability and a good sense of humour
• We welcome applications from both NQTs and experienced teachers
• A committed team worker willing to go above and beyond expectations
Closing date: Wednesday 14th October 2020 at 9am
Please download an application pack and application form from the school website. Alternatively, contact the Headteacher’s PA, Jo Pateman, by phone on Ext 230 or e-mail for a pack.
Great Torrington School is a successful and popular 11-16 school. We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff to share this commitment. Successful applicants will be required to undertake an Enhanced Disclosure Criminal Record Check. We are an equal opportunities employer.
GTS Academy Trust, known as Great Torrington School. A company limited by guarantee,
registered in England and Wales, number 7698197. An exempt charity.
Registered Office: Great Torrington School, Calvesford Road, Great Torrington, Devon, EX38 7DJ
Great Torrington School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.