We wish to appoint an ambitious science teacher to join our science department and work alongside an enthusiastic team of colleagues in a very good Bristol school.
Oasis Academy Brightstowe is a community in which all are committed to excellence in learning and the development of open healthy relationships. We pursue the very highest standards in all we do because we are driven by the belief that all members of our community can grow and develop. Following two successive Ofsted reports that rate our Academy as ‘good’ we are seeking ambitious, motivated and caring teachers who have a passion to work towards our shared goal of ‘transforming lives and communities.’
At Oasis Academy Brightstowe we place a high value on teacher training and development. There are opportunities for professional development.
Joining us you will be on an exciting journey as we push towards outstanding provision for our students, staff and community.
We are seeking an outstanding teaching professional to teach science across key stages 3 and 4. You will have knowledge of the new curriculum requirements at secondary level, and have experience teaching all three science disciplines up to GCSE. Familiarity with the A Level curriculum in your specialism of biology, chemistry or physics would also be advantageous. This post would suit an NQT or a teacher looking for a great career opportunity, with substantial potential for continued professional development.
The science department delivers a programme of study at key stage 3 designed to prepare students for the AQA 1-9 qualifications at key stage 4; both separate and combined sciences. The department is a team of dedicated science teachers and members of the academy leadership team that works with support from two technicians.
You will be committed to working collaboratively with members of the science department alongside other curriculum areas, and be able to develop strong professional relationships with students and staff alike. You will be reflective, and always seek to be the best practitioner you can be.
You will be passionate about science, and committed to a positive, child-centred approach to learning, with a strong belief that every child can achieve. At Brightstowe we are proud of the progress and attainment of all our students; from the ones who find formal examinations more challenging, to those who achieve the highest grades. In addition, you will assist in the development and implementation of a highly effective curriculum, and the delivery of high quality lessons that stretch all learners to meet their full potential, regardless of starting points.
We offer you the opportunity to be an integral part of a dynamic team with a relentless focus on raising standards, and building student aspirations and achievement. We will provide you with the support and resources to nurture and develop your teaching practice and obtain excellent results.
You will play a key role in the science team by:
• Contributing to curriculum enhancements at key stage 3 and 4, to ensure rapid and sustained progress
• Securing the highest standards of learning and teaching
• Being responsible for your classes’ progress and attainment
• Increasing outcomes at GCSE
• Staying abreast of latest ideas and developments in science teaching
• Raising our students’ aspirations, inspiring them to opt for biology, chemistry or physics beyond GCSE level
In return, we can offer superb opportunities:
• To be part of an enthusiastic and motivated team where staff feel valued and know they are making a difference to our students
• To participate in, and contribute to, our stimulating CPD programme, focused on sharing and improving practices
• For high quality and regular coaching and support
• To share resources and expertise across our Oasis region
• For fantastic career development
• If you are an NQT, you will be part of Bristol Learning City NQT programme – an opportunity to network and gain support from NQTs and professional tutors across the city of Bristol
Please contact us if you wish to visit the Academy in advance of interview, and see our calm, purposeful environment and enthusiastic students and staff in action.
Closing date: Thursday 27 June 2019 at 9 am Interview Date: Tuesday 2 July 2019
Safeguarding - Oasis Academy Brightstowe is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The post is subject to DBS Barred list and Enhanced Disclosure checks.
This post is covered by Part 7 of the Immigration Act (2016) and therefore the ability to speak fluent spoken English is an essential requirement for this role.
Oasis Community Learning support Equal Opportunities Employment
Reg Charity No 1109288