Start date: January or September 2020
Contract type: Full time
Contract term: Permanent
Salary: Main Pay Range + London Fringe
Benefit: Local shared accommodation
Suitable for NQTs: Yes
The closing date for applications is: 19 December 2019
Please note we reserve the right to interview prior to the closing date
This is a fantastic opportunity for an ambitious and enthusiastic Teacher of Science to join an already successful and supportive department. Potential is as important as experience. Applications are invited from NQTs as well as more experienced colleagues. Glebelands School is a high performing school and the Science department performs very strongly, with results well above national and local averages for progress. Glebelands School has over 50% of students in KS4 taking Triple Science with the rest completing Combined Science. Last year 75% of pupils achieved 2+ grades at 4 or above, with 84% of all grades above 4.
The successful candidate will:
- Share their passion for Science through inspirational and engaging lessons
- Be committed to making a difference to our students’ future by encouraging them to achieve their best
- Be prepared to work collaboratively within the department and willing to take part in wider community STEM events
- Be a reflective practitioner and take a proactive role in their professional development
- As we are an 11-16 school we will accept applications from any Science discipline although we will try and ensure that at KS4 you are teaching your preferred specialism
We will offer:
- A comprehensive CPD programme
- The opportunity to work in a school recognised by the Department for Education as being in the top 100 most improved with progress in English and Maths
- A calm and purposeful atmosphere where students show excellent behaviour.
- To be part of a department that is collaborative and supportive that allows staff to develop their practise and become the best they can be.
- It may be possible to offer shared local accommodation
Glebelands School is a mixed, 11-16 comprehensive at the heart of our community in this pleasant area of Surrey. The school is near Guildford and within easy reach of London and the south coast.
Following a short inspection in November 2017: Ofsted quoted: ‘Leaders take workload into account when implementing policies and procedures so as to avoid placing unnecessary burdens on staff.’
Glebelands is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff to share this commitment. This appointment is subject to safer recruitment procedures and an enhanced DBS check.
Glebelands is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff to share this commitment. This appointment is subject to safer recruitment procedures and an enhanced DBS check