Salary Grade: MPS - UPS
Salary: £24,372 - £40,490 per annum
Contract Term: Permanent
Closing Date: Sunday 12 April 2020
Interview Date: TBC
Hours: 32.5 p/w
Start: 01 September 2020
About the Opportunity
An exciting opportunity for an exceptional teacher to be a founding member of staff shaping the future of a brand new Secondary School.
Whitelands Academy is a new secondary school in Bicester, opening in September 2020 to Year 7 initially and then growing each year. Our aim is quite simple: we want to provide the students with an unrivalled education where individuality is celebrated and potential realised.
We are recruiting a founding team of exceptional staff to achieve our vision and work together to create a genuinely exceptional school. As part of our Science department you will deliver a world class curriculum as well as being pivotal in creating an exceptional learning culture.
The successful candidate will:
- Have a strong academic background and a passion for learning;
- Combine subject matter expertise with a passion for teaching Science;
- Be driven to provide an outstanding, broad education;
- Be an exceptional classroom practitioner;
- Share our vision and have the commitment, skills, flexibility and character required to shape a future school;
- Have the potential to deliver another subject.
More details can be found in the supporting job description attached.
We Can Offer You
- An attractive working environment with excellent facilities and supportive families;
- A committed, hardworking and supportive team;
- 100% focus on improving outcomes for the children in our school;
- Well-resourced classrooms;
- A group of children with a passion for learning
More information about the school can be found on our website.
We know that your role requires you to put a lot of time and effort into it and because of this we believe you should be rewarded. As a White Horse Federation employee you will have access to benefits listed below.
Some benefits are accessible by all staff irrespective of their contract type (T). Some are only eligible to permanent (P) employees following a successful probation period as noted:
- Car Purchase scheme (P)
- Reward Gateway discounts (P&T)
- Cashback healthcare plan (P)
- Discounted gym membership scheme (P&T)
- Hire purchase Cycle to Work scheme (P)
- Free and confidential advice, information and counselling service (P&T)
- Excellent Pension scheme (P&T)
Why Work With Us
The White Horse Federation (TWHF) is a not-for-profit multi-academy trust that supports and sponsors many primary, secondary and special schools across Wiltshire, Gloucestershire, Swindon, Oxfordshire and Berkshire.
Its shared vision for excellence through partnership means it is also committed to keeping the best of what makes a local school great – in other words, the type of schools where TWHF colleagues would be proud to send their own children.
TWHF combines a relentless drive for academic excellence with a shared moral purpose and shared values, while ensuring that fun and happiness are a key attribute of each of its schools. TWHF believes that partnership-working with its schools, pupils and their parents, as well as the wider community, helps creates the best possible outcomes for all children.
TWHF empowers its colleagues through support, training and career opportunities to recruit and retain outstanding staff who are leaders in their field. That way TWHF can ensure that every student achieves their full potential, regardless of background, culture, heritage or ability.
The White Horse Federation is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. If successful for this position you will be expected to apply for a disclosure from the Disclosure and Barring Service before appointment is confirmed. References will be sought on shortlisted candidates before interview.
Whitelands Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.