Dates: Apply by noon, Monday 25th May 2020
Job start: September 2020
Interviews: Tuesday 26th May 2020
Salary: Dependent on experience
Location: Woodfield Academy, Redditch
Contract type: One term fixed term (with the possibility to be extended)
Woodfield Academy is a popular 5-form entry middle school with over 500 pupils on roll, aged 9-13 years. We are a happy, vibrant learning community, with high aspirations for the children in our care and the staff team that supports them.
We are looking for a passionate Science Teacher for September, to deliver high quality lessons while successfully nurturing and inspiring our children. This is a great opportunity to join a forward thinking team, who are dedicated to supporting our children in reaching their potential. You will have the opportunity to grow professionally, develop teaching and wider professional skills and make a huge contribution to the ever-growing success and reputation of our academy. Candidates of all levels of experience are encouraged to apply.
• QTS (Qualified Teacher Status). NQTs welcome to apply
• A Good Honours Degree
The right candidate will have:
• A detailed knowledge of the Science curriculum and its means of delivery
• High standards of communication and interpersonal skills
• The ability to work as a team
• Excellent attendance and punctuality
• Evidence of ‘Good+’ teaching and a passion for raising achievement, attainment and aspirations
• Creative energy in planning, teaching and a dynamic presence in the classroom
• A flexible approach to engaging learners of differing levels of ability
• Commitment to collaborative working, peer support and reflective practice
• Approachability and a sense of humour, alongside a professional demeanour
• A wider contribution to learning and to school life beyond the classroom
• The desire and ability to further their practice and professional development
In return, we can offer:
• A motivated, hard-working and supportive team of professional to learn alongside and from
• Friendly pupils with a passion for learning
• A strong commitment to your ongoing professional development
• A supportive NQT programme linked with a local teaching school
• Fantastic facilities to resource your ability to teach your children without limitations
• A staff healthcare package
Only applications submitted on the school’s application form will be considered. CVs and open references are not acceptable. The successful candidate must meet the person specification in full in order to be offered the post. Woodfield Academy is an equal opportunities employer.
This post is subject to an Enhanced DBS check and criminal background check via the disclosure procedures. Woodfield Academy is committed to the protection, safety and welfare of its pupils and staff and we aim for the highest standards in safeguarding procedures. We expect all staff and volunteers to share and promote this commitment.
As the academy’s most valuable resource, the staff deserve to be treated fairly and equally to ensure that the best employees are engaged to work with our children.
The Board of Directors are committed to discharging its legal duty to behave as a reasonable and fair employer and therefore Woodfield will apply best practice in the recruitment and selection of all staff.
We expect all staff to share this commitment in safequarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults.
We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.