An Outstanding Academy
Teacher of Science (Chemistry)
Full Time, fixed term post for 1 year in the first instance
Commencing 1st September 2021
Salary Range: MPS 1 £25,040 up to UPR 3 £41,602
NOR: 1418, including 323 in sixth form
A passionate, talented and innovative teacher of Science is required to join our very successful and forward looking Science department which contributes significantly to the success of our ‘Outstanding School’ (Ofsted May 2017); both academically and through many extra-curricular opportunities.
The successful candidate will enjoy teaching Science across all age and ability range and will be well supported by the department and committed to sharing their passion for Science with young people and will strive to continually improve their practice.
Chipping Campden School is a high performing 11- 19 mixed comprehensive converter academy which enjoys specialist status in science, technology and languages. It has a long history of high academic achievement and has developed an enviable local and regional reputation for academic excellence and strong pastoral care. It is located in the North Cotswolds in an area of outstanding national beauty.
What we are looking for
We offer a rewarding and exciting environment in which to teach where students are enthusiastic to learn. The position would be suitable for an experienced member of staff or a newly qualified teacher (NQT). If you join as an NQT, you will be part of an established, extensive and extremely supportive programme. You will be/be able to demonstrate:
• Appropriate experience of teaching classes across the age and ability range
• Ability to communicate clearly and effectively with students, parents and staff
• A good listener who relates well to young people
• Ability to motivate and build good relationships with young people with effective and positive behaviour management skills.
• Passionate about Sciences and able to inspire students
• You are well organised in your planning and delivery
• You are familiar with GCSE specifications
• Wider knowledge of current educational issues
• Creativity in using new technologies or teaching practices to help students learn and make progress
Chipping Campden School is committed to equality of opportunity and to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people