Job Title: Science Teacher
Contract: Full Time
Site: Queen Katharine Academy
Closing date: 19 March 2021
Start: September 2021
Are you ambitious and driven to succeed?
Are you passionate about Science
If so, this is the school for you!
Queen Katharine Academy are looking to appoint a Science teacher who wants to make a difference to join our enthusiastic, hard-working and committed team. The department is well resourced and led by fantastic practitioners and we are looking to appoint a colleague who shares their enthusiasm and unwavering determination to help every student enjoy, achieve and progress in Science from KS3 through to KS5. In Sixth Form, A-Level Biology, Chemistry and Physics and BTEC Applied Science are offered and in all cases students make good progress given their starting points.
This is an excellent opportunity to join a school within one of the well-regarded Trusts in the eastern region. The school has a great history of success and a bright and exciting future and we are looking for an ambitious and dynamic teacher to steer it through the next stage of its development. Collaboration, educational research and professional development are at the core of how the schools within Thomas Deacon Education Trust work together. With a clear focus on teaching at all levels, the Trust is well placed to provide great opportunities to promote Queen Katharine Academy as a leading school and you will be given effective support to develop you personally as an outstanding teacher.
The Trust offers:
• Excellent salary package.
• Fantastic training/CPD opportunities in a friendly supportive environment.
• Opportunity for progression across Thomas Deacon Education Trust.
• Use of Academy facilities (including a gym and onsite car parking).
• Teachers’ pension scheme.
• An engaging, creative and welcoming environment to learners who take pride in their school.
• An inclusive and collaborative approach.
• A talented, highly motivated, committed and professional team of colleagues, both within the school and across the trust.
• An actively supportive Local Governing Body and Trust leadership.
Thomas Deacon Education Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The Academy will require the successful candidate to provide satisfactory references and undertake an Enhanced Check with the Disclosure and Barring Service.
Queen Katharine Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.