Science Teacher – Biology, Chemistry or Physics.
Outer London pay scale - £29k - £45k (Main/Upper Pay Range)
September 2021 start
This September, we will be expanding our offer of Science subjects at Post 16. We are therefore looking for a committed, enthusiastic and hard-working colleague to join our Science department and become part of our cohesive, professional and supportive team. The department is well resourced with interactive whiteboards in large, newly re-furbished Science labs that are sited together in one part of our modern building. The Science team is led by an experienced Director of Science, supported by a strong team of middle leaders. You will be both ambitious and passionate about teaching science and bringing out the best from every single one of our students.
What we can offer you:
• You will be joining a school where staff share best practice so that our standard of teaching and support is both high quality and continually developing
• You will be teaching in your own classroom area with access to specialist facilities and up to date technology
• You will benefit from a programme of training and development
• You will be part of the team with colleagues who are supportive and welcoming
• On-site car parking
• A laptop – for ease of working
• Two-week October half term
• Opportunity to work in an award-winning building, bordering Green Belt land.
The successful candidate will be:
• Ambitious for young people and for themselves
• Creative in using new technologies or teaching approaches to help students to learn and progress
• Keen to continually develop their practice, with a collaborative approach
• An enthusiastic teacher who can motivate and challenge students.
You will be required to:
• Inspire and support our students across the three Key Stages
• Use a range of assessment strategies to provide targeted and directed feedback
• Be inspired by reading and researching new pedagogy on learning and teaching
• Be creative and reflective in the planning of lessons and schemes of works
• Have the skills to form excellent working relationships with all individuals.
Our school is situated in Carshalton, 30 minutes from London Victoria by train and a short distance from Sutton, Merton, Croydon and Kingston. The successful candidate will be provided with a laptop.
Further information can be found in the job description and person specification, below.
Closing date for applications:
Thursday 22nd April 2021 at midday
Interviews to take place on:
w.c. 26th April 2021
We reserve the right to interview and appoint before the closing date, should a suitable candidate apply.
Oaks Park High School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. As such, the successful applicant will be required to undertake a criminal record check via the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS). Oaks Park High School is an equal opportunities employer.
Oaks Park High is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of our students and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. This post is subject to satisfactory references, medical clearance and enhanced checks carried out by the Disclosure and Barring Service.