For September 2021, we seek to appoint a highly motivated and inspirational teacher of Science across the age and ability range. If you are keen to work in a friendly, supportive and highly successful department, we would welcome your application.
The ideal candidate should:
Be able to teach across the age & ability range in Years 7 – 11
· Have a good understanding of the GCSE examination syllabus requirements (WJEC)
· Have a secure understanding of blended learning and digital responses to the current pandemic
· Hold strong classroom management skills
· Be committed to raising achievement for students of all abilities
· Be able to motivate and engage students
· Be creative, determined, enthusiastic, resilient and passionate about delivering a high quality education to all pupils
· Have a secure understanding of the four purposes and Areas of Learning Experience as we move towards Curriculum for Wales
As a school, we strive to deliver the highest possible standards in teaching and learning and the department currently teaches WJEC Biology, WJEC Chemistry, WJEC Physics, WJEC Science Double Award and WJEC Science Double Applied Award at key stage four. Science is a popular subject within the school and results are good. At Key Stage 3 learners enjoy a rich diet of scientific inquiry and experiment, and are supported by a state of the art learning resource centre.
The successful applicant will have high expectations of all students and a strong desire for them to succeed. For the right individual this post presents an opportunity to make a significant contribution to the success of the Science Faculty within our school.
Pen y Dre High School enjoys an excellent local and national reputation, and is categorised as a Green A school by Welsh Government, the highest possible category. We are an innovative and collegiate school, and are winners of many educational awards, including winners of the Professional Teaching Awards Cymru (2017, 2018, 2019, 2020). The school is part of the 21st Century Schools programme and has been earmarked for a multi-million pounds refurbishment to provide the very best teaching and learning facilities.
Both NQTs and experienced teachers looking to advance their careers are welcome to apply for this position.
Pen-y-Dre High School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.