We are a unique Pupil Referral Unit with ‘outstanding’ status. We aim to make a difference to the education and life chances of vulnerable young people in the London Borough of Sutton.
Are you an inspiring teacher who can engage and build relationships with challenging students? Do you want to be able to shape an exciting Science curriculum to inspire and re-engage reluctant scientists?
We are looking for a dynamic and inspirational teacher to deliver outstanding lessons to our Key Stage 3 and 4 students, on and off-site up to GCSE level. Your primary focus will be achievement and raising attainment in Science.
You will have:
• Qualified teacher status;
• Proven record of classroom management;
• Experience of working with secondary aged children with emotional and behavioural needs;
• A passion for teaching and making links with other areas of the curriculum;
• Qualified teacher status.
• An organisation with a clear moral purpose to change young people’s lives;
• Class sizes of a maximum of 6 students in KS3 and 8 students in KS4;
• Strong community spirit;
• Staff who are supportive towards each other;
• Excellent Teaching Assistants and pastoral support;
• A curriculum where personalised learning is at the heart;
• Free access to our employee assistance scheme;
• A strong commitment to your professional development and career management;
• An opportunity to be part of a dynamic team and a growing Trust.
The Alternative Learning Trust became a multi-academy trust (MAT company number 11788031) in June 2019. There are now two schools within the Trust, The Limes College and North West Kent Alternative Provision Service (NWKAPS). The Department for Education would like Alternative Learning Trust to consider other alternative providers.
We reserve the right to close this vacancy earlier than the specified date, subject to a high response from candidates; therefore, do not hesitate in submitting your application.
The Alternative Learning Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
Closing Date: Wednesday, 30 June 2021
Interview Date: Week commencing Monday, 5 July 2021