Qualified Teacher of Science
To also offer a secondary subject (To be discussed at Interview)
Penarth Group School is registered with the Department for Education (DfE) to meet the needs of up to 15 pupils between the ages of 11- 16 years. It is an Specialist Independent day School for boys and girls and is part of the Penarth Group.
The Board of Governors at Penarth Group School wish to appoint a Science Teacher who will also be able to offer a secondary subject.
Candidate must have a passion for working with young people and are committed to making a difference to their future.
We are seeking to employ a teacher who has energy, enthusiasm and full commitment to the profession. It is essential that the candidates holds a relevant Degree.
The successful candidate will benefit from:
• Governors who have high expectations and are positive and supportive.
• Staff that are relentless in their focus on school improvement and fully aligned to the school’s ethos, vision, and values.
• Supportive parents/carers who are dedicated to school success.
• Good OFSTED rating in March 2019.
• The school met all the requirements of the schedule to the Education (Independent School Standards) Regulations 2014 (‘the independent school standards’) and associated requirements in March 2019 and again in October 2020.
• An upward trend in results, projected to continue.
The successful candidate will:
• Have successful teaching experience, working with students who have additional and complex needs and behavioural complexities.
• Have the character and values that align with a school focused both upon inclusivity and striving for much higher achievement and attainment.
• Sustain wide, current knowledge/understanding of education.
• Pursue continuous professional development.
• Establish an educational culture of ‘open classrooms’ as a basis for sharing best practice.
• Have high expectations for students and demonstrate a track record of improving outcomes for students.
• Embrace the opportunity to lead and develop a school, supported by the school’s Governing Body that is on a journey to excellence, striving to raise standards, but also to maintain inclusivity and social mobility.
This School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
The successful applicant’s appointment will be subject to satisfactory enhanced clearance by the Disclosure & Barring Service.
This is a full-time post and we welcome applications from both the independent and state sectors.
Contract term: Probationary Period for 6 months, Permanent thereafter
Suitable for NQTs: yes
Penarth Group School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.