ARE YOU INTERESTED IN RELOCATING TO KUWAIT?
TAX FREE COUNTRY WITH ONE OF THE STRONGEST CURRENCIES IN THE WORLD.
EASY LIVING – FRIENDLY PEOPLE – MANY EXPAT COMMUNITIES
Then apply to join the wonderful team at Kuwait English School.
We are looking for teaching staff who can confidently and competently teach a Science with an emphasis on Biology from years 7-11.
Pupils in KS3 and KS4 are grouped according to need as well as age so there are some mixed aged groups. Pupils are then taught within these academic groups and will predominantly follow a mainstream model being taught by specialist teachers in specialist rooms.
As a secondary teacher at Kuwait English School, you must have an excellent knowledge and understanding of the National Curriculum. You will also have the ability to differentiate learning experiences to match the needs of the individual and enable all pupils to enjoy their learning and make outstanding progress.
WHY CHOOSE US:
Kuwait English School is a leading co-educational private English day school catering for children 3 – 18 years of age representing over 65 nationalities with an excellent and established record of providing quality education for the community of Kuwait. The school is located in purpose built premises and offers the English National Curriculum, IGCSE/GCSE/GCE A/S and A level. We have over 230 academic staff who have excellent qualifications and experience and are highly motivated. It is accredited by BSO and are part of the BSME.
The school provides young people with an enriched and extended curriculum, tailored to individual needs and supports them to achieve their potential within a supportive environment where they feel safe and happy to learn. This will help them develop positive feelings of self-worth and confidence and will enable them to make a successful transition to adulthood and be active and responsible citizens.
“Kuwait English School (KES) is a good school with significant outstanding features. The school provides a good quality of education complemented by a high level of student care.” BSO Inspection Report. Please check the full BSO Inspection Report on our website.
WHAT WE OFFER (Overseas Staff):
- Competitive salary based on the number of years teaching
- Discount on children school fees at KES.
- Annual round trip flights for staff and 2 children (attending KES).
- Staff Accommodation/ Rent allowance.
- Subsidized private medical insurance for the employee.
- A strong commitment to your professional development and career management.
- Courteous and hardworking students.
- Fantastic facilities to resource your ability to teach your students.
- Bachelor’s Degree BEd, BA and Sciences, any other related course - optional MA or PhD related to undergraduate degree (an edge if any)
- Qualified teacher, preferably having experience working in international private schools abroad & having knowledge of the English National Curriculum (UK)
- Having experience teaching SEN students
- Able to deliver Key Stage -2 to Key Stage -4 Science curriculum including preparing students to sit external examinations (IGCSE) in Biology, Physics and Chemistry
- Google certified (preferably having Google Educator Level 1 certificate)
SCIENCE TEACHER IS EXPECTED TO:
- Instruct students in subject-specific classrooms
- Create lesson plans
- Evaluate student performances
- Produce IEPs for each student
- Teach using lectures, technology and hands-on learning experiences
- Model expected behavior to establish and maintain an orderly, disciplined classroom.
Find out more about this exciting opportunity by visiting our career page and school website.
Kuwait English School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity and gender.