Salary: TSAT Grade D (Pro rata to £9,630 - £10,839 per annum for hours and weeks stated)
Start date: 6th December 2021
Contract: 20 hours a week, term time only, Permanent
Closing Date: 2nd November 2021
Interview Date: 5th November 2021
We are currently recruiting for a Science Technician to join Plymouth High School for Girls. Successful applicants will be able to provide general and practical support in science laboratories and provide high quality support to the senior science technician and science teaching staff.
Plymouth High believes as much in preparing its students for life as it does their school years, shown by our motto “For life, not school, we learn”, drives all that we do.
Plymouth High School for Girls is a City selective grammar school with a good reputation for providing an engaging curriculum within a supportive and encouraging environment. Students are happy at our school and enjoy the benefits of well taught and engaging lessons along with extensive extra-curricular opportunities. We are a small school with a friendly feel where people work flexibly and collaboratively to give our students the best possible experience.
What you will need to succeed:
- An enthusiasm for Science and for helping young people to be their best selves
- A willingness to learn and the confidence to develop professionally
- An understanding of safe working practice in the science department and the determination to ensure that these practices are met
- Working knowledge of Microsoft programmes, including Office
- Excellent communication and organisational skills
- A strong commitment to supporting science education for students aged 11-18
- A willingness to work with students to ensure they feel safe and supported in science lessons
- A willingness to keep up-to-date with CLEAPSS and HSE guidance and to take part in necessary training
- A professional and flexible approach that ensures we put the students’ experience first
What you will get from our Trust
- Revised support staff pay scale to retain and reward excellent people
- The opportunity to work with happy and well behaved children who are excited about learning and work with parents who are supportive of our school values and ethos
- Vast support network from senior leaders and other colleagues within the school and our Trust to help you support outstanding teaching and learning through resources, mentoring and school visits.
- Regular opportunities to meet and share best practice staff at both PHSG and other secondary schools within our trust
- Benefit from an internationally accredited pedagogy approach to thinking and learning, which has been proven to enhance classroom practice
- Excellent CPD opportunities.
- A 24/7 employee assistance programme which provides counselling and support / advice on a wide array of areas
What you need to do now:
If you are interested in working in our school, benefiting from a supportive network of teachers across our large academy and our Trust and you are keen to progress your career, then please apply today!
We strongly encourage anybody who may be interested in working at our school to direct any question they may have to the Head’s PA, Vicki Benwell, We also encourage any early applications and we reserve the right to close the vacancy early if we suitable candidate is found.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. This post is subject to an enhanced DBS check.
Plymouth High School for Girls is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.