Grade 2 (points 3 – 4)
£16,868 - £17,173 (Full Time Equivalent); £14, 418 - £14,683 (Actual)
37 Hours per week, 39 weeks (Term time only plus training days)
Start Date: As soon as possible
This highly successful Catholic High School with an Outstanding at its most recent Ofsted Inspection, is looking to appoint a dedicated, reliable and enthusiastic Science Technician to provide support across the Sciences. You will assist in the day to day support of the learning environment, providing technical assistance in the classroom, preparing equipment and materials for lessons, maintaining general care and cleanliness of laboratories and prep rooms for Key Stages 3, 4 and 5.
Science in this school is very well regarded and secures very good outcomes for our pupils. The school has ten specialist teachers who predominantly deliver their science specialism but work as a full team. Science is taught to all pupils in Key Stages 3 & 4, with A-level provision in Biology, Chemistry, Physics and Applied Science.
The school welcomes applications from candidates of all faiths and backgrounds. The successful applicant would be expected to fully support the ethos of this school. Previous experience as a technician or in an alternative technical or scientific environment, is desirable but not essential.
Why Hagley Catholic High School:
* Ofsted Outstanding Provider
* A high performing school (2018 - GCSE 75% achieving 4+, 52% 5+ in En & Ma)
* Positive L3 VA at A Level +0.23 in 2016/17 - +0.04 in 2017/18
* A happy, caring school, with a real sense of Catholic community
* Whole school emphasis on community cohesion, global justice and sustainability
* A strong commitment to the professional development of staff
* Easy access to major transport links: M5, M6 and M42 motorways and National Rail Main Line
Hagley Catholic High School is a member of the St Nicholas Owen Catholic Multi Academy Company which is an equal opportunities employer committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. This position is, therefore, subject to an Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check.