Hours: 20 per week (start and finish times to be agreed with Line Manager, as there is some flexibility)
Salary: Grade 11, £18,795 to £19,171 FTE (actual salary: £8,689.79 per annum, rising to £8,863.64 per annum through annual increments
Contract: Permanent, term time only (to include INSET days)
We have a fantastic opportunity for a highly motivated and organised Science Technician to provide general and specialist technical support within the Science Learning Area at Winterbourne Academy. Duties will include maintaining equipment and laboratories, stock control, preparing equiptment for practical work in classes and supporting staff and students.
The Lead Science Technician will provide general supervision. However, the postholder will often be required to work without direct supervision.
What we are looking for in our successful Technician:
- A strong knowledge in either Physics, Chemistry or Biology
- Experience and understanding of health and safety issues particularly relating to the use, handling and storage of chemicals
- Excellent administrative and ICT skills
- Ability to interact and communicate well with staff and students
- Ability to prioritise busy workloads and work effectively under pressure
- Ability to work well in a team
- Experience working in a School/Academy desirable. Full training provided.
WHAT WE OFFER:
• An Academy that is fully dedicated to developing every student to reach their full
potential, irrespective of their ability.
• Collaborative working within our shared family of Academies
• Excellent CPD opportunities
• Onsite parking
• Onsite canteen
• Employee benefits such as Pension, cycle scheme and discounted gym membership
• Fantastic facilities
The Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. Candidates for vacant posts are expected to share this commitment. All appointments will be subject to vetting, including an enhanced DBS check.
The Academy is committed to ensuring equal opportunities, fairness of treatment, dignity, work-life balance and the elimination of all forms of discrimination in the workplace for all staff and job applicants.
Interested parties are warmly invited to submit an OAT Application Form outlining reasons for applying and suitability for the role. More information about Winterbourne Academy can be found on our website along with an application form, or telephone the academy.
Closing Date: Wednesday, 4th September 2019
Interview Date: TBC