At Pudsey Grangefield School we pride ourselves in equipping our students with the knowledge and skills to become successful global citizens. The successful candidate would be joining a very enthusiastic, motivated and cohesive team where student progress is the focal point.
In the most recent Ofsted report, Science was named as one of the strongest departments at KS4 and KS5. This is supported by above National Average results in GCSE Science. Post 16 is a strong feature of the department with numbers increasing year on year.
At Key Stage Three in Years 7 and 8 the programme of study draws on the AQA Key Stage 3 specification with revised schemes of work which are both challenging and engaging. Key Stage 4 students currently follow AQA Trilogy Combined Science.
Members of the department regularly engage in projects with local primary schools and we invite KS2 students to the department for enrichment sessions. Post 16 students assist in lower school lessons and there is a well attended Science club that runs weekly. We have strong links with the Ogden Trust, providing Physics internships every year. The department also host ITT students through our Red Kite Alliance. In the past students have attended academic visits to the European Space Centre, Drax Power Station and Treetop Nets to name a few.
We are looking for someone who:
• Is passionate about school improvement and developing students to achieve their very best
• Who has high standards of expectation for themselves and others and through this will support the fostering of a culture of excellence across the school
• Will be an excellent member of the department and will show dedication, drive and commitment to our goal of ensuring the highest standards in education for our students
Why work at Pudsey Grangefield School?
• Be a part of our rapidly improving school
• The opportunity to play a key part in the continuing transformation of the school
• The successful candidate will join a dynamic and enthusiastic team of staff who are ensuring our students are successful in every way
• Be part of a supportive organisation which prides itself on high standards for staff and students
• Work in an award-winning state of art building
Appointments made are subject to an enhanced DBS check.
This school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the wellbeing of children and young people and expects all staff, visitors and volunteers to share this commitment.
Should you wish to apply for this position, please send the following:
• A completed application form. Applications should be made electronically in Word or PDF format. Please be aware that we do not accept Curriculum Vitaes.
• In support of your application you may include a covering letter. This should be in addition to the completed application form.
Visits to the school are warmly invited.
Closing date for applications: Monday 16th September 2019 at 12.00 noon
Interview date: Monday 23rd September 2019
Pudsey Grangefield School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.