Salary: G06 - £18,795 FTE (actual salary £16,364)
Hours: 37 hours per week, term time only.
Required as soon as possible, we are seeking to appoint a Science technician to join the technician team in our busy Science faculty.
The successful candidate will support the teaching of general science at Key Stage 3. In addition they would preferably also have the skills to support a science subject specialism at Key Stages 4 and 5. Previous experience of working as a school technician would be preferable, however full training will be given to the right candidate who has a passion and enthusiasm for science.
● The opportunity to join the staff team at this high attaining, successful and oversubscribed school
● A committed and enthusiastic staff group
● Exciting opportunities for personal and professional development
Cotham School is an extremely successful specialist co-operative academy that serves the local community, providing a high quality education for its students. We consistently deliver outstanding academic outcomes, amongst the best in the city and are determined to raise standards even further.
Cotham School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All appointments are subject to an enhanced DBS check.
Applications are welcome from all suitably qualified candidates regardless of ethnicity, gender, age or disability and we particularly encourage applications from under-represented groups.
For further details and an application pack, please visit our website.
Closing date: Thursday 1st October 2020 at 9.00 am
Interview date: Wednesday 14th October 2020
Cotham School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
All offers of appointment are conditional on the following:
• Enhanced DBS check
• Satisfactory completion of a Staff Disqualification Declaration form
• Confirmation that you are not subject to either a Prohibition Order or Interim Prohibition Order
• The receipt of at least 2 satisfactory references
• Verification of identity
• Verification of medical fitness
• Verification of qualifications
• Verification of QTS where required
• Verification that they are legally able to work in UK