37 hours per week
Salary: £17,811 - £20,005 (dependent on qualifications and experience)
Coventry College is looking to appoint dynamic and enthusiastic science technician who can inspire our learners to achieve their full potential. We recognise that our lecturing staff are integral to the success of the College and student achievement.
As a Science Technician, you should:
• Hold a minimum Level 2 in communication/ Literacy and Maths qualification
• Hold a minimum of a degree in chemical / biological / forensic sciences
• COSHH trained or willingness to undergo training
You should also be able to demonstrate:
• A good level of chemistry knowledge
• Knowledge and understanding of science laboratory equipment
• Enthusiasm for working for a college, with an ability to motivate and inspire learners to succeed.
As a Lecturer you will benefit from:
• Annual staff recognition awards
• 39 days’ holiday plus 8 bank holidays
• On-site gym discount
• On-site nursery discount (First Friends Nursery)
• Free on-site parking at both campuses
• A good pension scheme (TPS)
• Access to CPD
Candidates with a disability will be guaranteed an interview, providing they meet all the essential requirements of the post. You will be required to apply for a DBS check if you are successful.
Applications Close: Thursday 22nd November 2020
(Please note that CVs will not be accepted)
Coventry college is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.