Would you like to work at a school that is accommodated in striking Grade II listed buildings on Edge Hill, on a spacious green site in a conservation area?
Wimbledon College is a popular and oversubscribed school which prides itself on its exam results at both GCSE and A level with results significantly above national averages. The College currently has close to 1300 boys on roll including 270 in the Sixth Form. It is a great place to work with a supportive, committed staff who share the school’s high expectations. The Science department is well resourced and we are looking for a well motivated person to join the team of three technicians supporting 14 teachers across 10 laboratories to ensure effective provision of materials, equipment and other resources in Science lessons, in order to facilitate the provision of high-quality educational experiences to students. If you are committed to academic excellence and have new ideas/initiatives to continue our success we would be very interested in your application.
WHY CHOOSE US
Wimbledon College is a Jesuit school based in Wimbledon. As a Jesuit school, our ethos can be summed up by St Ignatius Loyola’s vision for Jesuit schools as being “for improvement in living and learning for the greater glory of God and the common good.” Central to St Ignatius’ vision and to the College is the education of the whole person, providing each pupil with the opportunity to strive for excellence in all that they do. The school’s intake is truly comprehensive academically, socially and economically and ethnically. It draws from across southwest London and from Surrey and north of the Thames also. Last year saw boys join the College from over 40 different schools.
WHAT WE OFFER
Salary 35 hours per week / 40 weeks per year - Term time plus 10 days
Actual Salary Range £20,608 - £21,740 p.a (Based on NJC Salary Scale 4 SCP 7-10: £22,995- £24,258 p.a. FTE)
- Teamworking as the norm
- Energetic and enthusiastic pupils
- Renowned for extra-curricular activities
- Outstanding league table performance
- Excellent resources and facilities
- A cycle scheme, pool and gym access.
- Using lesson plans and meetings to prepare exciting and stimulating chemistry, physics and biology sessions.
- Providing technical assistance to teachers and students within planned lessons as requested.
- Controlling stock; working with the budget-holding Head of Science to maintain resources
- Promoting awareness of health and safety in science lessons.
- Putting equipment /chemicals / computers into the laboratories prior to class and collecting after.
- General laboratory housekeeping, including hand washing glassware, returning stock to cupboards in the prep room and disposing of waste.
- Working with a wide range of class teachers to deliver excellent teaching and learning.
THE RIGHT CANDIDATE WILL HAVE:
- Some experience or qualification from a science-based environment would be an advantage (e.g. GCSE, A Level or Degree) but is not essential.
- The ability to use technical equipment with accuracy including the ability to maintain and calibrate technical equipment, associated with technical support;
- Experience within an educational setting would be an advantage but is not essential
- A commitment to the happiness well-being, self-esteem and progress of everyone at the school.
Find out more about this exciting opportunity by visiting our career page and school website.
Wimbledon College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of young people. The successful candidates will be subject to an enhanced DBS check