HOURS: 08:00 - 16:00 (TERM TIME + 2 WEEKS DURING SCHOOL HOLIDAY)
Main Duties and Responsibilities
• Assist in preparing the learning environment, working under the direction of class teacher, ensure that all required classroom, laboratory and workshop science resources and materials are available and ready for use when needed
• Cleaning, preparation and assembly of technical materials, apparatus and equipment, their safe storage and the disposal of used or waste products in accordance with school policies and procedures
• Maintain materials, apparatus and equipment within the scope of personal knowledge and training, maintain and repair scientific apparatus and equipment. Where this is not practical, arrange for repair and servicing work to be carried out by a contractor approved by the Head of Science
• Assist the classroom teacher by maintaining agreed written records of all technical materials, apparatus and equipment used in support of the pupils learning and development, including responsibility for stock control and maintaining an audit of expendable material
• Assist with the preparation and organisation of displays of learning material or pupils work under the direction of the classroom teacher. Use technical knowledge and skills to contribute to mounting of displays and exhibitions within the school
• Contribute to the planning of learning activities, undertake research on current developments in science technology in order to assist the classroom teacher in planning how learning activities will be implemented
• Work effectively with teachers, support staff and other professionals, applying own strengths and expertise to contribute positively to the overall aims and objectives of the school. Provide an effective support for all other members of the school staff by sharing own knowledge and expertise in a professional and constructive manner
Key Performance Indicators
• React and adapt positively to change
• Deal with confidential matter with professionalism and integrity
• Communicate with individuals at a range of levels
• Develop individuals and team members
• Meet challenges
• Remain calm under pressure
• Have a positive outlook and a sense of humour
Expectations and Values
Beauchamp City Sixth Form is committed to continuous learning and all staff are expected to engage in continuing professional learning and development. In common with all who work in the Sixth Form, the post holder will also be expected:
• Act as an ambassador for the college by supporting our values and expectations of learning.
• Be a significant presence and role model for pupils and staff and to meet fully the college dress code.
• Follow and where appropriate enact all relevant Sixth Form policies, procedures and guidelines.
• Contribute to college development through team planning and review meetings.
• To participate in the college’s performance management scheme.
Participation in extra-curricular activities is voluntary but all staff members are encouraged to participate lead and promote activities to build good relationships with young people and broaden their informal learning opportunities.
All staff are expected to be familiar with and adhere to all Sixth Form policies and, in particular, meet key requirements in relation to health and safety and teaching and learning.
This job description sets out the duties and responsibilities of the post at the time when it was drawn up. Such duties and responsibilities may vary from time to time without changing the general character of the duties or the level of responsibility entailed. Such variations are a common occurrence and cannot of themselves justify a reconsideration of the grading of the post.
Beauchamp City Sixth Form seeks to promote the employment of disabled people and will make any adjustments considered reasonable to the above duties under the terms of the Equality Act 2010 to accommodate a suitable disabled candidate.
Beauchamp City Sixth Form is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.