PART-TIME SCIENCE TECHNICIAN, PERMANENT
15/20 Hours per week, Monday to Friday (negotiable), 39 weeks per year (term time only)
NJC SCP 9 - 11, FTE £20,903 - £22,183 (pro rata for 20 hours pw £9,591 - £10,178)
To start as soon as possible after appointment
Closing Date: 9am on Wednesday 3rd November 2021 (successful candidates will be contacted within 2 weeks)
For interview: w/c 8th November 2021
We are looking to recruit a part-time Science Technician to help support our successful Science Department. Main duties will include:
- To be an effective member of a busy technician team.
- To prepare and clear away practical materials from lessons. In the first instance this could include activities such as delivering equipment to rooms, setting up apparatus, washing up and delivering books and resources. As experience develops this could involve making solutions, taking care of laboratory equipment and apparatus.
- To monitor the return and safe storage of equipment and materials on a daily basis in accordance with Health and Safety regulations.
- To provide regular information about stock levels to the senior technician.
- To maintain equipment in a serviceable condition, undertaking minor repairs (where suitably trained) and recommending outside repair or replacement where necessary.
- To assist the Department in any further reasonable matters
For further details please refer to the Job Description and Person Specification. To apply, please complete an Application Form and send it with a covering letter to Mr Tim Farrer, Headteacher.
St Laurence School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.