Pimlico Academy is one of London’s most improving and innovative schools. It provides an immensely exciting educational environment and we are looking for people of outstanding imagination, intellect and passion to join us as we aim to develop excellence in our own pupils and forge new directions in education.
• Under the (overall) control of the Senior Technician, to coordinate the use of practical resources and facilities and provide assistance and advice in meeting the practical needs of the science curriculum, including liaising with teaching staff and support staff outside the department.
• To ensure the maintenance of a healthy & safe working environment through:
o Actively contributing to the assessment, monitoring and review of both health & safety procedures and information resources;
o Keeping up to date with current procedures and practices through continuing professional development;
o the provision of technical advice and support on health & safety issues to teaching and trainee technical staff;
o the safe treatment & disposal of used materials including hazardous substances and responding to actual or potential hazards;
o the healthy & safe storage and accessibility of equipment and materials.
• To assist the senior technician with the day-to-day organisation and development of trainee staff to ensure that essential performance standards are achieved.
• To contribute to the design, development and maintenance of specialist resources and/or long-term projects.
• To support the senior technician in ensuring the availability of suitable materials and equipment, helping to compile orders and liaising or negotiating with suppliers and finance departments. This will include sourcing, costing and suggesting economic alternative to maintain stock levels. Keeping up-to-date stock records.
• Under the (overall) guidance of the team-leader technician, to ensure that both routine and non-routine checking, cleaning, maintenance, calibration, testing and repairing of equipment are carried out to the required standard.
As an educational trust, Future Academies is committed to the safeguarding and promotion of the welfare of all children and young people. Therefore, the trust expects all members of staff and volunteers to share in this commitment. To this end, both an ‘Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service’ check and a ‘Barred List’ check will be required for this role.