We are looking for an outstanding classroom practitioner to join our Science/Maths Department from September 2020.
The successful candidate will be passionate about teaching and learning and will have the ability to motivate pupils and develop staff in a team which prides itself as being collaborative and supportive.
As a teacher in our school you will be able to inspire effective teaching and learning within your classroom and work as a team to support subject Curriculum Leaders for Science and Maths to build upon the current success of the school.
Philip Southcote School offers the opportunity to work:
- In a Department that is passionate about achievement for all pupils.
- With fantastic pupils who enjoy a dynamic and engaging curriculum.
- Within a diligent team of excellent teachers who have a wealth of expertise and experience.
- With a strong induction programme tailored to your experience and needs.
- Collaboratively within a very supportive environment where professional development is an essential aspect of our daily practice.
- To further develop your career.
- Towards to creating outstanding pupil experiences and learning for all.
The ideal candidate will: -
- Be an inspirational teacher looking to develop the curriculum
- Be a person who thrives in a fun, yet challenging environment
- Be an outstanding classroom teacher with high expectations of learning and behaviour
- Have a proven track record in raising standards and a good understanding of school improvement
- Have a passion for building strong relationships with young people through restorative working
- Be someone who is resilient and approachable
- Be a good communicator who is able to inspire and motivate pupils but also who can remain calm under pressure and have a sense of humour
- Be creative in your teaching and strive to bring out the best in pupils
Please see Candidate Information pack (attached) for more information on this role.
If you feel that you have the energy, passion, resilience and drive to be part of making Philip Southcote School outstanding, we would love to have you on our team. The pupils, staff and Governors warmly invite you to visit us and see the ‘Southcote Community” in action. We are sure you will experience our friendly, relaxed atmosphere and get a taste of how rewarding your work will be.
Please contact Mel Sullivan or go to our website for more information about the school. The deadline for applications is midday on Monday 24th February 2020.
Philip Southcote School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.