Salary: £15,847 - £18,202 per annum
(Temporary post until 31st August 2021 in the first instance)
To start as soon as possible the Governing Body of Awel y Mor Primary School wish to appoint a suitably qualified, responsible, caring and reliable person for the post of Level 3 LSA. The role involves supporting a pupil on a 1:1 basis in the Pupil Inclusion Centre a Learning Support Centre for pupils with Social Emotional and Behavioural difficulties.
The Governors will be seeking the following skills/personal qualities:
The successful candidates will:
• have experience of working with pupils with ALN and SEBD;
• be resilient when faced with very challenging behaviors;
• be experienced in planning, preparing and delivering learning activities;
• be a good communicator and team member, who is caring, flexible and approachable helping to motivate learners to succeed;
• an enthusiastic, self-motivated person with the ability to contribute to a team of dedicated professionals within the Learning Support Centre;
• a commitment to getting the best out of every child;
• be reliable and able to take responsibility;
• excellent people skills with adults and children;
• ideally be qualified to NVQ Level 3 or equivalent in a related childcare discipline.
Neath Port Talbot Council is totally committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Our schools are equally committed to ensuring the safety and protection of all children and young people and will take action to safeguard their wellbeing. The recruitment process for this post will be underpinned by rigorous safer recruitment assessment to ensure that children and young people are protected.
Awel Y Môr Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.