2 i/c of English
Start Date: 23 August 2021
Salary: MPS/UPS plus TLR 2B
Term: Full time, Permanent
The City of Leicester College (TCOLC) is seeking to employ an enthusiastic and highly motivated second in charge of English, to join our talented English team.
Who are we looking for?
Our successful candidate will be a skilful, knowledgeable and passionate individual, who prides themselves on having the highest standards for themselves and for others. They will be a team player, who can work collaboratively with middle and senior leaders to become an appreciated member of the department leadership team. They will be both a strategic and creative thinker and make valued contributions towards the ongoing improvements of our ambitious English department. TCOLC is committed to developing leadership excellence, making this role particularly suitable for an individual who aspires to a future Head of Department role and beyond.
Our ideal candidate seeks to ensure ambition for all students. They will inspire students to develop a love of English through their excellent teaching, up to date subject pedagogy and will create a supportive learning environment enabling every individual to realise their full potential.
Our newest member of the TCOLC team is a supportive and respected colleague, who is dedicated to raising standards of teaching and learning, in order to improve the learning experience for students. They understand the importance of building strong professional relationships and are committed to developing others alongside our dedicated and highly respected Head of Department.
Who are we?
The City of Leicester College is a thriving multi-cultural 11-19 college, with 1750+ students on roll, which includes a highly successful sixth form of 350+. Whilst we are the largest school in the city we maintain a distinct identity and prioritise the health and wellbeing of our staff and students alike.
We are ambitious for all students and recent changes to senior and middle leadership as well as a successful Ofsted visit, mean the college is poised to fulfil its potential.
For the successful candidate we can offer:
• Working in a challenging, rewarding inner-city multi-cultural, multi-faith community
• Above national recommended non-contact time to enable you to be an effective leader and teacher who has impact, e.g. maximum of 38 teaching per fortnight for a core 2 i/c
• A supportive and purposeful induction programme for all staff including mentoring and coaching
• Bespoke CPD pathways, designed to meet the interests, needs and experience of our leaders, e.g. Leading Change – specifically aimed at those ambitious for future middle and senior leadership opportunities
• A fantastic, well-resourced inspiring learning environment
• Committed, enthusiastic, creative staff and students
• A friendly and supportive working environment where people genuinely work as a team in order to deliver the highest standards for our students
• Access to excellent technology resources, including laptops for all staff
• Dedicated health and wellbeing forum and calendared HWB activities
TCOLC is currently open and we actively encourage school visits, where social distancing measures are in place for the safety of all staff and visitors. However, if you prefer, please arrange a phone/video call prior to an application, so that you learn more about this role and our ethos first-hand. To arrange a visit or call at a mutually convenient time please contact Jill Walton (Deputy Head teacher).
This College is committed to Safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. This post is subject to a satisfactory Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) Enhanced Certificate.
CLOSING DATE for applications for this post is Wednesday 17th March 2021 (9:00am)
The City of Leicester College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
Applicants will be required to undertake pre-employment checks, such as an Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) Check.