The Kingston Academy seeks a Second in MFL to work under the direction of Head of MFL. We invite applications from candidates with the following attributes for this role:
- Passionate about their subject;
- Strong classroom practitioner, with the ability to engage pupils;
- Fluent in Spanish and experienced at teaching the subject to KS5;
- Experienced in curriculum planning and development;
- Experienced in performance development;
- Innovative in their approach to engaging pupils with languages;
Flexible and committed to engage in the wider curriculum through our Going Beyond and enrichment activities.
We are seeking experienced candidates with the highest ability and practice and, as a rapidly growing Academy which is heavily over-subscribed, we can offer exceptional opportunities for career progression and advancement.
Please use the link to complete the online application form.
Our selection procedure will aim to identify with rigour whether the candidate fulfills the requirements of the post and will include the consideration of the candidate’s suitability to work with children and young people. The process will include:
- Conducting an observed Spanish lesson of 55 minutes duration;
- Meeting with a panel of our pupils for informal question and answer session;
- Interview with the Head Teacher, Deputy Head and Head of MFL.
If you would like to visit the school prior to making your application you are most welcome to do so. Our Head of MFL, Jake Taylor, would be happy to meet with you and talk you through the role. Please call Justine Free, PA to the Head, to organise a mutually convenient time. Your application will not be disadvantaged in any sense, should you be unable to visit.
We look forward to receiving your application.