School: Orchard School Bristol
Location: Bristol, UK
Contract Term: Temporary - Maternity cover
Salary: MPS / UPS plus TLR2a £2,873 per annum
Hours: Full time
Start Date: Monday 22nd February 2021
Closing Date: Thursday 10th December at 9am
Interview Date: Tuesday 15th December - Interviews could be conducted on a virtual platform
We are seeking an experienced teacher and enthusiastic leader to join our Science Faculty from Term 3 (Monday 22nd February). This post is being offered as a maternity cover and continues until the return of the postholder.
Orchard is a friendly school, serving a richly diverse community in North Bristol. We are building our success on our core values, being Open-minded, Respectful, Creative & curious, Healthy, Ambitious, Responsible and Determined. Our students are wonderful – they value their teachers, knowing that you can make a real difference to their lives. The mission statement of the school, “inspire today, empower for life”, lies at the heart of all that the school does. We place no limits on our aspirations for our students.
We are a seriously good school, committed to becoming the outstanding school our community deserves. We constantly strive to provide exceptional education – looking to research and evidence-based practice for ideas. We take the continuing professional development of staff very seriously, offering excellent CPLD. We are a Chartered College of Teaching Hub and engage in CPD across Bristol through our multi academy trust.
- An experienced teacher with leadership experience, or an aspiring leader of Science keen to develop your leadership skills
- An innovative and creative classroom practitioner, with a drive to develop an inspirational curriculum and teaching team
- passionate about the subjects in your Faculty and have a strong understanding of the specific skills required to raise achievement at GCSE level
- able to inspire, motivate and enthuse students in lessons and staff in your team
- committed to the highest achievement for all students
- a coach, able to deliver CPLD across the school
- keen to learn and share best practice as part of a vibrant team of middle leaders
- enthusiastic students, willing to learn and achieve, who need staff who believe in them
- the opportunity to make a difference day in, day out to the future life chances of children and young people in north Bristol
- excellent student behaviour and a calm learning environment
- a bright, happy place in which to learn and work
- a professionally stimulating environment which values the contributions of all staff
- a strong commitment to your professional development
- the opportunity to support the team to establish a reputation across Bristol as an outstanding department
- a warm and friendly staff body with award-winning staff wellbeing
Leadership experience is a significant advantage, along with experience of curriculum development and raising attainment strategies.
We can provide outstanding CPD, and opportunities to grow your teaching and leadership skills to become the best leader you can be, and support you in advancing your career.
Please read our Staff Prospectus to find out more about us, and visit our website.
This role has been identified as falling within the definition of requiring fluency in spoken English. You will be required to speak English with confidence and be able to conduct a conversation and answer questions for extended periods of time.
Orchard School Bristol is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
The successful applicant will be required to undergo an enhanced DBS check.
We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.