The opportunity to teach at an Alternative Learning Provision Academy has arisen. Haymans Academy is based in Bristol and is initially taking 20 students annually to develop into fully qualified and highly skilled labourers in the construction and property maintenance field. This position requires a highly motivated, driven, and energetic teacher with strong communication and presentation skills and effective classroom management. At Haymans Academy, we believe providing aspirational and outstanding teaching is vital to inspiring the next generation in the trade industry. As such, we are looking for a qualified English teacher who is keen to share their extensive knowledge and expert skills with young adults completing functional skills, KS3, KS4 studies and GCSEs.
The Teacher of English will be responsible for delivering high quality teaching, through planning engaging lessons to enable all pupils to make the best possible progress. The Teacher of English must be able to demonstrate excellent subject knowledge and communicate this in an enthusiastic and imaginative way. In addition, they will be expected to contribute to the routine and extra-curricular life of the academy, as well as that of the department. They will be expected to support Haymans Academy's aims and objectives for teaching and learning, as well as adhere to all Haymans Academy policies and procedures.
- Teach across all levels and abilities
- Relevant Teaching Qualifications
- Prior teaching experience
- Be comfortable teaching at the following levels: Functional Skills, KS3, KS4
- Be comfortable working with groups of up to 20 students (with TAs present)
- Have a positive work ethic, be open minded and enthusiastic about educating and inspiring young minds
- Be willing to contribute to our innovative curriculum development and delivery
- Have prior experience developing lesson plans
- Demonstrate an awareness of Assessment for Learning strategies and personalise the learning of all pupils, as appropriate
- Have a good understanding of Safeguarding practises
Preferred, but not essential, experience:
- Prior work in a PRU, ALP or within SEN educational environments
- Understanding of different classroom management practises
- Mixed approach to teaching methods
- First aid qualification
An enhanced DBS check will be required, as well as checks to ascertain qualification validity, right to work, prohibition from teaching check and an identity check.
BiiiG Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.