Salary Grade: MPS - UPS
Salary Band: £24372 - £40490 per annum
SEN Allowance: £2207 pa
Location: St. Luke's Academy
Contract Type: Permanent
Contract Term: All year round
Closing Date: 12/11/2019
Interview Date: TBC
Hours: 32.5 pw
About the Opportunity
Are you a qualified English Teacher with SEMH experience? Or;
- Are you a passionate Primary School Teacher who loves teaching English and has the ability to teach Secondary students with the same passion you have for the subject? Or;
- Are you excellent at unlocking the English potential of students but don’t have the formal qualifications of a teacher?
At St. Luke’s Academy, we are making significant improvements in producing positive change. After our last Ofsted visit in 2016 we, as a family of colleagues, have been working tirelessly to transform our school into a beacon of outstanding practice within the local community as a school for students with SEMH needs.
We know it’s not an overnight process, but so far we have made excellent progress and we are excited now to be recruiting a driven individual who has the passion for English to join our team and show our students they can achieve much needed English skills for life.
In September 2018 we joined a Multi Academy Trust: The White Horse Federation, so in joining us you will not only have the support and dedication of your immediate team at our Academy, but also through an extended Network of a further 30 schools spanning four neighbouring geographical counties within the South West.
St. Luke’s Academy holds a maximum of 77 students, 74 of which are currently filled. You can expect support through daily, morning meetings headed by our Principal, Caroline Down; as well as a Teaching Assistant designated to each class with a maximum of 6 students per lesson.
If you can:
Lead on the development and implementation of the English Curriculum
- Plan, prepare and implement learning activities so that students enjoy learning, achieve their full potential and experience a sense of wellbeing
- Create a positive learning environment
- Work collaboratively with support staff to plan learning and ensure students make progress
- Be innovative in assessing, recording and reporting progress for students
- Prepare for and contribute to Annual Reviews
- Work in partnership with parents, colleagues and other professionals to achieve the best possible outcomes for students
- Demonstrate resilience to the needs of students under SEMH and;
- Promote and safeguard the welfare of children and young people within the school
… Then we want to hear from you!
For full details on this exciting opportunity, please find attached the job description, Little Green Book of our ethos and values and benefits booklet. To discuss the role further, or to visit the school which is warmly welcome, please contact us directly on 01793-705566. You can also learn more about us on our website.
Are you looking to move into the area?
It's an exciting prospect to be moving into Swindon. To help you with your search whether you are looking to buy or rent, Right Move has the latest on properties for you to consider!
We know that your role requires you to put a lot of time and effort into it and because of this we believe you should be rewarded. As a White Horse Federation employee you will have access to benefits listed below.
Some benefits are accessible by all staff irrespective of their contract type (T). Some are only eligible to permanent (P) employees following a successful probation period as noted:
Car Purchase scheme (P)
- Reward Gateway discounts (P&T)
- Cashback healthcare plan (P)
- Discounted gym membership scheme (P&T)
- Hire purchase Cycle to Work scheme (P)
- Free and confidential advice, information and counselling service (P&T)
- Excellent Pension scheme (P&T)
St Lukes School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.