Manor Mead is a Primary special school for students with severe and profound & multiple learning difficulties, some with autism. We are looking for someone enthusiastic and happy to help support the students (aged 2-11) with their learning, behaviour and life skills as well as providing physical and personal care where needed.
Our ideal apprentice will have plenty of energy and a willingness to learn. You will work towards NVQ level 2/3 in Supporting Teaching & Learning in Schools. We will provide high quality training and will support you to become an expert and valued member of our team.
We offer fantastic benefits, including:
• A supportive team of staff
• A thorough induction process
• Access to excellent professional development
• Generous pension scheme
• Paid sick leave
• Surrey Rewards discount programme
• Built in holiday pay entitlement
• 'Outstanding' school on your CV
• Free parking
We are looking for people who:
• Can form effective relationships with young people and enjoy working with them.
• Have a commitment to working as part of a team to support the development and potential of
students of all abilities.
• Can motivate and inspire pupils to learn.
• Have excellent communication skills.
• Are calm and can maintain a sense of humour under pressure.
• Are committed to working towards their NVQ qualification.
Year 1 of apprenticeship - Actual £9,872 (FTE £11,117.60)
Year 2 of apprenticeship:
- Age up to 20 years old - Actual £11,251 (FTE £12,670)
- Age 21 to 24 years old - Actual £12,835 (FTE £14,455)
- Age 25+ - Actual £13,685 (FTE £15,412)
Hours of work: 37.5 hrs per week for 39 weeks per year (term time)
Closing Date: Monday 25th November 2019 at 9am. Interviews to be held on: Thursday 5th December 2019.
Manor Mead is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Following the procedures recommended to safeguard children, we will be taking up references if you are shortlisted for an interview. The successful applicant will be required to undertake a DBS check.