SEN KS2 Phase Leader with responsibility for Assessment (with Autism experience)
Salary Range: Main / UPS with SEN and TLR2 Allowance
(Main Scale/UPS + £2,270 + £7,017)
Contract: Fixed term to cover maternity leave (31.08.2021 – 01.09.2022)
Hours: Full time
An opportunity has arisen for an enthusiastic and inspirational Phase Leader to join our school team. We invite candidates from those who share our ethos and who want to be part of a forward-thinking team on an exciting journey of school development and who most importantly are committed to making a real difference to the lives of our learners.
You will take responsibility for a department (Middle School / KS2), and key stage phase within the school and be part of the senior leadership team. The position is temporary and requires a high level of commitment and resilience. The position will involve class-based teaching, with allocated leadership time (to be confirmed).
The ideal candidate will have leadership experience, determination to ensure the best outcomes for children and young adults with autism, a history of outstanding classroom practice, and be able to inspire the school community towards excellent outcomes.
You must be organised, hardworking, and have good management skills, communicate clearly and be able to develop excellent working relationships with young people, their families, staff and a wide range of other professionals. The majority of our learners have additional and overlapping needs; communication, emotional, social, sensory and health. At Rosehill School, we believe that by working together and always expecting the best, we achieve the highest possible standards.
- Have recent experience of working as a middle/senior leader in a school
- Be responsible for the high quality of teaching and learning, progress, welfare and outcomes of all pupils
- Manage, supervise and work effectively with staff within your department
- Have a thorough understanding of assessment data and take the lead on assessment in school
- Take responsibility for implementing effective planning, policies and procedures
- Have up to date understanding of the professional duties of a teacher/senior leader working with children with autism, and be able to put this into practice
- Up to date knowledge of school improvement and OFSTED requirements
- Be able to plan and deliver a rich and varied curriculum that meets the needs of all pupils
- Provide Leadership across the school in a designated subject or curriculum area
We invite applications from ambitious professionals looking to utilise their skills, experience and commitment to provide a rich learning experience for our pupils.
How to apply:
Visits to the school are available, and we have measures in place during the current COVID-19 pandemic to accommodate these. Please contact Liz Eyre (School Business Manager) to book a visit date and time.
Please complete the attached Nottingham City Council Application form along with a supporting statement (no more than 2 sides A4) detailing why you are suited for this position.
Closing date: Friday 12th March 2021 12.00 noon
Rosehill School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The successful candidate would be required to undertake an enhanced DBS check.