An exciting opportunity for an SEN Learning Assistant to join our growing Ofsted rated 'Good' Primary School
Lime Tree Primary school opened in September 2013 and, since opening, we have a lot of achievements to celebrate.
The children, staff, parents and governors have all embraced the mission statement that is summarised in the strap line ‘Learning Together to Achieve Success’.
We are located in a brand new, purpose built school in Merstham where the blank page that we started with is now taking shape, with our ethos and values underpinning our day to day organisation as well as the overall strategic direction that the school is taking to move forward and grow year on year.
As an academy within GLF Schools, we benefit from sharing outstanding resources, and support in every aspect of school life from learning and teaching to staffing and educational expertise.
We are now looking for an experienced SEN Learning Assistant to join us on our journey.
The successful candidate will work to provide practical assistance, as directed by the Class Teacher and Inclusion Leader, in meeting the personal, welfare and educational needs of a child with specific needs or work with intervention groups under the Inclusion Leader. .
The role will also include supporting the school improvement plan led by the Headteacher, whilst promoting the well-being of staff and children in the school.
Advert closing date: 30th January 2020
Interview date: w/c 3rd February 2020
Working hours: 36 per week, 39 weeks a year.
Pro Rata Salary: £14,063- £17,027.
This is based on a FTE salary range of £16,497 - £19,974
We can offer:
• Friendly and supportive staff team
• The opportunity to grow and develop within a growing and expanding school
• Good on the job training opportunities
• The opportunity to support children in accessing an engaging curriculum
• Enhance maternity & sickness entitlement
• Recognition of previous school continuous service
The ideal candidate will be able to:
• Support a child with specific behavioural and learning needs
• Under the direction of and in liaison with the Class Teacher and Inclusion Leader, to work in class both 1:1 and in small group scenarios.
• Working in the classroom to ensure implementation of programmes of support, designed especially to meet the child's needs.
• To liaise closely with teaching staff regarding the delivery of the curriculum, advising as appropriate on the modification and differentiation of the learning environment, materials and delivery styles.
GLF Schools is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
Employment is subject to a satisfactory enhanced disclosure from the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS).
As a Trust, we are happy to talk flexible working.
We reserve the right to withdraw this vacancy at any time ahead of the closing date if there is a good level of response. Therefore, we recommend you submit your application as early as possible. Please be advised that references may be requested on receipt of your application. Please state if you wish this to be delayed until shortlisting/interviews have taken place.
Lime Tree Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The successful candidate will have to meet the person specification and will be required to apply for a DBS disclosure. We particularly welcome applicants from under- represented groups including those based on ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.