We are looking to appoint one or two Learning Mentors, hours to be agreed, to support a child with complex learning needs and or a child with attachment, social and emotional difficulties.
Reigate Priory Junior School is housed in an Ancient Monument Grade 1 listed building and is set within the beautiful grounds of Reigate Priory Park.
We are an inclusive school and welcome applicants from all, appropriately qualified, members of our community.
We are committed to safeguarding our pupils. Applicants will be subject to enhanced DBS checking procedures.
The candidate will need to:e candidate will need to:
• develop an understanding of the educational, welfare and social needs of the child
• be able to stay calm and objective when presented with unusual or challenging behaviours
• be enthusiastic, motivated and committed to working as part of a team
• relate well with the child and have a passion to help them achieve their academic, social and emotional potential
• set firm and consistent boundaries
• maintain confidentiality inside and outside of the school
• previous experience of working with children with special educational needs is desirable but not essential
Interview date: Thursday 25th April 2019
If you have not heard from us by Wednesday 24th April, please assume that you have not been successful on this occasion, but we thank you for your interest.
Visits to our school are warmly welcome. Please contact the School Office to make an appointment.
If you have any queries regarding this role, please contact Mrs Boothroyd, the School's SENDCo.
Thank you for taking an interest in this position.