1:1 SEN Learning Support Assistant
Department: Academy Schools
Division: Ocean Academy, Poole
Salary details: Point 5-6 NJC (£19312-£19698) (Actual £7787.62-£7943.27)
Employment Status: 0830-1200 Part Time, Term Time only, 17.5 hours
Hours: 9-12 Mon-Fri
Contract Type: Fixed Term until 22 July 2022
Closing date: 12 noon - 11th October 2021
Interview date: 19th October 2021
Contact detail : Jane Burry (Office Manager)
We are looking for an adaptable and caring person to work in class as a 1:1 SEN Learning Support Assistant, to support a year 5 child with SEN needs. Our team is strong and experienced and our curriculum innovative.
The successful candidate will ideally have experience of working with children with SEN, be hardworking, self- motivated and have a flexible approach.
If you think you can make a strong contribution to the education of our children & enjoy working in a respected and supportive team, please apply.
The successful candidate will:
• Provide support in class predominantly to a child on a one to one basis and have some experience of working with a child with SEND needs
• Develop, maintain and apply knowledge and understanding of the pupil’s general , specific learning and support groups of children where necessary
• Motivate, encourage and support the pupil to access school life including break times
• Have a GCSE in English and maths or equivalent
• Have effective IT skills
• Be able to demonstrate a range of positive behaviour management strategies
We can offer :
• A supportive team and vibrant professional community
• A positive school culture which believes in collaborative leadership and a Growth Mindset culture
• A commitment to continuing professional development
• Energetic and enthusiastic high attaining pupils where inclusion thrives
• A supportive ethos based around the Aspirations core principles and conditions for learning
Please contact our office manager Jane Burry by email if you have any questions about this role. Full post details including job description and personal specification are also available on Eteach. Applications are only accepted through Eteach.
Ocean Academy and Aspirations are committed to children’s safety and safeguarding; DBS disclosure requirements will apply to this post. View our Child Protection Policy on the school website. Aspirations Academies Trust and Ocean Academy Poole are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and requires all staff and volunteers to share and demonstrate this commitment.
The successful candidate will be required to demonstrate that they meet the essential elements of the person specification and will be subject to pre-employment checks including a health check, and Enhanced DBS check and satisfactory references.
Ocean Academy Poole is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.