Learning Support Assistant SEN– Pupil Specific
12 hours per week (09:30 – 12:00 Mon – Thurs/10:00 – 12:00 Fri)
Spt 10 – 14 £21,408 - £22,185 (pro rata)
From Monday 9th November 2020 (or sooner)
This is a wonderful opportunity for any support assistant with an interest in
developing the confidence and capabilities of an individual child within a class setting.
St. Paul’s is an oversubscribed one form entry school on the outskirts of Kingston with a passion for promoting a love of learning and a warm and welcoming atmosphere. We are looking to appoint someone who is energetic, enthusiastic, and has some experience as a teaching assistant or learning support assistant to work with a pupil in Year 3 for 12 hours a week to fulfil the requirements of an EHC Plan.
The Christian ethos of St. Paul’s single form entry primary school generates a village atmosphere with a total focus on every child. This is an important and exciting role within our happy and successful school where all support staff are highly valued and work alongside teachers, helping all children to achieve their best.
The ideal candidate will:
• Have the intuition and ability to support an individual child in accessing the curriculum under the direction of the class teacher, SENDCo and Speech and Language Therapist.
• Have the ability to work as part of a team.
• Be sensitive and caring – always putting the child’s needs first.
• Be prepared to be trained and learn any skills needed which would benefit the child.
• Have commitment to equal opportunities and understanding of religious and cultural diversity.
• Have the ability to give regular feedback and assessment to class teacher.
• Have the ability to use initiative and work independently when needed.
• Have the ability to liaise and work with outside professional agencies as required.
• Have the ability to adapt learning materials to suit the needs of the pupil.
• Be patient and understanding in relation to the needs of children with additional needs.
• Be enthusiastic, committed and dynamic.
• Have a good sense of humour and be warm and friendly in their manner.
• Have the ability to build effective working relationships with all pupils and colleagues.
• Have the ability to communicate effectively with parents, class teacher and SENDCo.
• Have the ability to promote a positive Christian ethos.
Please visit our school website for further insight into our school or call the school office to discuss visiting options.
Closing Date: Tuesday 6th October at 12pm
Shortlisting Date: Tuesday 6th October
Interview Date: Thursday 8th October
“This authority is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment”
An equal opportunities employer
St Paul's CofE Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.