SEN Learning Support Assistant
Grade 5, Points 7 – 8 (£18,933 - £19,314 pro rata)
32.5 hours – 39 weeks per year
Fixed Term until 09 July 2021
Farndon Fields Primary School is seeking to appoint an enthusiastic, suitably qualified
SEN Learning Support Assistant.
The successful candidate will ideally have:
• Experience of working in an educational context, preferably a school
• An ability to relate to and get the best from children
• The ability to work collaboratively with staff
• The ability to work with parents and carers
• Good time keeping and procedures
• Be aware of policies and procedures
• Excellent communication skills and a high level of personal organisation
We can offer you the following opportunity to:
• Play a strategic part in nurturing and enhancing the ambitions and opportunities of the children attending our school
• Enhance your career through excellent professional development opportunities
• A warm and friendly team
• NVQ 2 in Supporting Leaching and Learning, or equivalent. Or able to demonstrate the ability to meet the STL Level 2 National Occupational Standards relevant to this post
• GCSE Grade C or Level 2 qualifications in Maths/Numeracy and English/Literacy is desirable
• Meet higher level teaching assistant standards
Why Choose Us:
At Farndon Fields we are passionate about improving the health and life choices for all the children in our care. Our school ethos promotes health, well–being, self-esteem and resilience. Nurture talent develop learning and inspire success are the foundation stones for our children to be successful in all they do.
Discovery Schools Academy Trust is dedicated to improving learning and teaching by creating a culture that promotes excellence. The needs of all children are placed at the heart of all decision making regardless of the school they attend. Teaching and learning excellence is shared through learning networks, sharing of ideas and materials as well as leading practitioners between schools. Discovery has developed a school improvement system which focuses on improving outcomes for all children. It also places staff development, talent management and succession planning at the heart of achieving outstanding organisations.
What We Offer:
• The opportunity of working within a supportive, friendly environment in this well run and respected school
• Good opportunities for personal and career development
• Pension Scheme
• Employee benefits such as childcare vouchers and retail discounts
If you would like to be part of our team, please complete the application process on Eteach, including a covering letter.
Closing date for applications: Wednesday, 4th November 2020 at Midday
Interviews: Friday, 20th November 2020
Start Date: ASAP
Our posts are subject to a DBS enhanced check for a regulated activity.