SEN Learning Support Assistant
Grade 5, Points 7 – 8 (£18,933 - £19,314 pro rata)
17.5 hours – 39 weeks per year
Fixed Term until 22 August 2021
We are looking for a caring, experienced, and enthusiastic SEN Learning Support Assistant to join our team and be a proactive integrated member of the School Staff Team.
You will work one to one with specific children to help support them to fully access all aspects of the curriculum.
This post is currently funded for 17.5 hours (mornings) per week with the view to possibly increasing these hours to 27.5 per week subject to additional funding being received.
As part of your role you will, under the direction of a teacher, support in the learning process and utilise your skills to assist the teacher to create an educational environment in which a pupil's all-round development is achieved in accordance with their EHCP and the School Development Plan that all children realise their potential.
In return, we can give you the opportunity to:
• Be an integral member of the team in a vibrant and exciting school
• Be part of a wider community of Discovery Schools Academy Trust
• Create an outstanding learning environment for the success of all our children
• Play a part in continuing to develop our school
• Receive training to support your career development
• NVQ 2 in Supporting Leaching and Learning, or equivalent. Or able to demonstrate the ability to meet the STL Level 2 National Occupational Standards relevant to this post.
• GCSE Grade C or Level 2 qualifications in Maths/Numeracy and English/Literacy is desirable.
• Meet higher level teaching assistant standards.
Why Choose Us:
At Merrydale Junior School we aim to provide a safe, caring learning environment for all; working together with families and the community whilst also delivering a broad, balanced and creative curriculum celebrating the diversity of our world. Our philosophy is one of working in partnership with families to support the children to ‘Be the best you can be’ during their time at Merrydale.
Discovery Schools Academy Trust is dedicated to improving learning and teaching by creating a culture that promotes excellence. The needs of all children are placed at the heart of all decision making regardless of the school they attend. Teaching and learning excellence is shared through learning networks, sharing of ideas and materials as well as leading practitioners between schools. Discovery has developed a school improvement system which focuses on improving outcomes for all children. It also places staff development, talent management and succession planning at the heart of achieving outstanding organisations.
What We Offer:
• The opportunity of working within a supportive, friendly environment in this well run and respected school.
• Good opportunities for personal and career development.
• Pension Scheme.
• Employee benefits such as childcare vouchers and retail discounts.
If you are interested in applying for this post, please apply via eteach or for more information contact the school.
Closing Date for Applications: 1st November 2020
Interview Date: 11th November 2020
Start Date: As soon as possible
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. Applicants will be required to undertake pre-employment checks, such as an Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) Check. Applicants who will be undertaking early and/or later years childcare (or the management of such childcare) will be required to complete a declaration that neither they, nor anyone who lives in the same household, is a disqualified person under the Childcare (Disqualification) Regulations 2009.