Are you looking for a term time role?
Do you have the passion and skills to work with children with SEN, helping them to develop their full potential?
We are looking to appoint an enthusiastic and caring temporary Learning Support Assistant to play a key role in supporting the teacher and the SENCo in the teaching and welfare of a named child with learning needs. The role would include helping to support a named child with their learning needs on a 1:1 basis. You will work under the guidance of the class teacher and the SENCo.
About the school
Wheatfield Primary is a one-form entry in Wokingham, Berkshire. Led by an Executive Headteacher, learning and teaching is at the heart of everything that we do. We aim to deliver lessons that inspire and engage pupils who will then go on to fulfil and exceed their potential. We pride ourselves in being a small school where all children are known, valued and have their individual needs recognised and met. We grow and learn together each year and our children are integral to the development of the school, its curriculum and learning environment.
What we are looking for:
• Has experience of working with children with SEND and, in particular autism and communication difficulties.
• Makaton is desirable but not essential as we can offer training
• A colleague with experience in supporting children 1:1
• Be able to develop positive relationships with young children
• Shares our international minded rights respecting ethos
• Be able to develop an understanding of the educational, welfare and social needs of the children you are supporting
• Be able to stay calm and objective when presented with unusual or challenging behaviour.
• Be enthusiastic and committed to working as part of a team
• Be a confident and clear communicator with parents
• Be flexible with regard to other classroom work
Why work at Wheatfield Primary School?
• An exciting opportunity to develop a curriculum to meet the needs of local community
• A well supported and vibrant learning environment with an emphasis on high levels of achievement
• High expectations, yet caring ethos which focuses on the development of the whole child
• A supportive senior management team and wider staff body within GLF Schools
• Recognition of previous school continuous service
• Excellent staff CPD opportunities
Working Hours: 32.5 hours per week, 39 weeks per year (term time plus INSET days)
Salary: GLF Associate 2 pay scale
Pro Rata: £13,902 - £16,200 (depending on experience)
Closing date for applications: 19 May 21
Interview date: 26 May 21 (interviews may be held via video link)
Unfortunately, at this time we are unable to offer face-to-face meetings and tours. However, we would like to invite you to meet us and our school virtually via Google meets. If this is something you are interested in then please do contact the school office to arrange a meeting with the Head of School on 0118-9896950
GLF Schools is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Employment is subject to a satisfactory enhanced disclosure from the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS).
As a Trust, we are happy to discuss flexible working opportunities. We particularly welcome applicants from under- represented groups including those based on ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.
We reserve the right to withdraw this vacancy at any time ahead of the closing date if there is a good level of response. Therefore, we recommend you submit your application as early as possible.
We also reserve to right to interview shortlisted candidates ahead of the closing date.
Please be advised that references may be requested on receipt of your application. Please state if you wish this to be delayed until shortlisting/interviews have taken place.