SEN Learning Support Assistant
Farndon Fields Primary Preschool
Grade 5 (£18,933 -£19,314 pro rata)
27.5 hours per week, 39 weeks per year
Starting 23 August 2021, fixed term for one academic year
We are looking to appoint a caring, enthusiastic and suitably qualified SEN Learning Support Assistant who will be committed to improving outcomes for our children, along with a passion for providing inspirational learning experiences.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- An SEN LSA will work under the direct supervision of a teacher to provide support for SEN and other identified pupils to enable them to access the school curriculum and engage in all aspects of school life, in accordance with school policies and procedures. This may include supporting individuals or small groups of designated pupils
- To support the physical, intellectual, emotional and social development of pupils, including contributing ideas and suggestions to support planning, to meet their development needs.
WE ARE LOOKING FOR SOMEONE WHO HAS:
- NVQ 2 in Supporting Teaching and Learning, or equivalent.
- Experience of supporting teaching and learning in a formal setting.
- Knowledge of child protection and health and safety procedures.
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Empathy with children and young people.
Please refer to the Job Description and Person Specification attached for more information and to support with your application.
WHAT WE OFFER:
- The opportunity of working within a supportive, friendly environment in this well run and respected school.
- The opportunity to create an outstanding learning environment for the success of all of our children
- Pension scheme
- Employee benefits such as retail discounts.
- Access to employee assistance programme.
WHY CHOOSE US:
Farndon Fields is set to experience exponential growth over the next 3-4 years with a significant investment in a new build expansion project that was completed last academic year. The school is gradually moving from one-form to two-form entry. This is an excellent opportunity to be involved from the beginning and play a key part in the growth of the school. You will help to ensure this school is a wonderful place for children to thrive and an outstanding place for staff to grow. Your dedication and passion will help to build an excellent centre for learning.
Discovery Schools Academy Trust is dedicated to improving learning and teaching by creating a culture that promotes excellence. The needs of all children are placed at the heart of all decision making regardless of the school they attend. Teaching and learning excellence is shared through learning networks, sharing of ideas and materials as well as leading practitioners between schools. Discovery has developed a school improvement system which focuses on improving outcomes for all children. It also places staff development, talent management and succession planning at the heart of achieving outstanding organisations.
Closing date for applications: Friday 6th August
Interviews: w/c 16th August 2021
Start Date: 23rd August 2021
Our posts are subject to a DBS enhanced check for a regulated activity.