We are looking to appoint a dedicated and proactive Learning Support Assistant, for 5 mornings per week, to work 1:1 with a child. This is an exciting opportunity to be part of a dedicated team with a strong desire to develop children's learning and improve their learning outcomes. Previous experience of working with children with Special Educational Needs is desirable but not essential.
Reigate Priory Junior School is housed in an Ancient Monument Grade 1 listed building and is set within the beautiful grounds of Reigate Priory Park.
We are an inclusive school and welcome applicants from all, appropriately qualified, members of our community.
We are committed to safeguarding our pupils. Applicants will be subject to enhanced DBS checking procedures.
The candidate will need to:
- develop an understanding of the educational, welfare and social needs of the child
- relate well with the child and have a passion to help them achieve their academic, social and emotional potential
- be patient, caring and have a determination to bring out the very best in children
- be able to stay calm and objective when presented with challenging behaviours
- be enthusiastic and motivated to improve the child's learning outcomes
- set firm and consistent boundaries
- be enthusiastic and committed to work as part of a team
- be a confident and clear verbal and written communicator
- be able to work alongside the class teacher to improve learning attainment
- promote the child's self-esteem, independence and social inclusion
- have a high level of personal and emotional resilience
- demonstrate capacity to be flexible and willing to try new things
- use initiative while respecting the advice from professionals
Reigate Priory Junior School can offer:
- a dedicated and motivated team of colleagues and governors that are committed and passionate about improving outcomes for all children
- a culture of successful peer support and professional development
- a unique setting within Reigate Priory Park
Interviews will be confirmed and held at the beginning of September 2021.
If you have not heard from us by mid September 2021 please assume that you have not been successful on this occasion, but we thank you for your interest.
We reserve the right to close this vacancy early if we receive suitable applications.
If you have any queries regarding this role, please contact Mrs Boothroyd, the School's SENDCo.
Thank you for taking an interest in this position.
Reigate Priory School is an equal opportunities employer and is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The successful candidate will be required to have an enhanced DBS check.