We are looking to appoint a 1:1 SEN Learning Support Assistant.Contract:
This is a fixed term post until 31st August 2021.
Hours of work are 27½ hours per week, term time only. 8.45am until 3.15pm with an hour for lunch during term-time.
Start: Tuesday 4th January 2022.
Hinckley Parks Primary School are part of the OWLS Academy Trust and are looking to appoint a dynamic, caring and enthusiastic learning support with experience of working with children who have special needs. The post will be to support a child with additional needs.
The successful candidate must have the following:-
- Mathematics at GCSE/O’Level
- Be fully qualified to Grade C in English
- NVQ Level 2 (minimum)
- High expectations of children both academically and socially.
Do you have:
- A calm and consistent approach to working with children.
- Good communication skills with colleagues, children and parents.
- Experience of working with children with additional needs either on a one-to-one basis or in a small group.
- Ability to implement school policies eg: behaviour, safeguarding etc.
- High expectations of yourself.
- Ability to build positive relationships with the children, parents/carers and colleagues with the school and community.
- Willingness to undertake personal development and training. • Ability of working dependently, but under the direction and guidance of the class teacher and SENCo.
We are a friendly, supportive and forward thinking school with very enthusiastic children who want to learn. We offer good CPD opportunities and will provide the successful candidate with support and access to high quality development opportunities. If you would like to join our well-resourced and recently refurbished school, and consider yourself to have the personal and professional qualifications to carry out the above to a high standard, we would love to hear from you.
Hinckley Parks Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The successful candidate will be required to undertake an Enhanced Disclosure form the DBS. Therefore a DBS enhanced check for a regulated activity (includes a barred list check) is an essential requirement. (Disclosure and Barring Service).
The OWLS Academy Trust is an equal opportunities employer.