Job Title: SEN Learning Support Assistant, KS2
Salary: Grade 5
Contract Term: Part time, 25 hrs per week, 39 weeks per year, fixed term until July 2022, subject to funding received for the specific child
We are looking to recruit a 1:1 SEN Learning Support Assistant as soon as possible to support a child with complex learning needs. This person will work under the guidance of the class Teacher and Special Educational Needs Co-ordinator to assist with teaching and learning and associated activities in accordance with school policies and procedures. The successful candidate will be employed on a fixed term contract, 25 hours per week, 39 weeks per year until July 2022, or will cease if the pupil should leave the school as this post is subject to funding received for the specific child.
Closing Date: 25th October 2019, 1pm
Interview Date: 1st November 2019
We are looking for someone who is:
• Adaptable and a team player
• Patient and caring
• Enthusiastic with a good sense of humour
• Willing to undertake training
• Well motivated and able to use their initiative
• Knowledge and understanding of the National Curriculum for Key Stage 1 and 2 and in particular, Key Stage 2
• Able to support pupils with a range of SEND needs
We can offer:
• A happy supportive and motivated team
• Access to training and professional development
This post is subject to an enhanced DBS check, pre-employment checks and proof of right to work. References will be requested prior to interview. Proof of original certificates and training will be required.
Thythorn Field Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.